Chapter 119: One's Own Kin

Start from the beginning

Hiruzen moved forward, swinging his Adamantine Staff with a flurry of emotions that ravaged inside his body as though a sword pierced through his heart.

Minato clenched his hands, curling them into a tight fist.

Did he have what it takes to take the life of his own kin?

Minato shook off these thoughts, forcing himself to engage in the battle once more. Naruto caught sight of this, preparing himself from any attempts of the Hiraishin formula getting marked on his body.

Naruto could tell from the face that Minato was making.

Inner conflict. Naruto mused, thinking back to the time where he had asked Madara a certain question.

~~~

Long Ago...

"What were my father's last words?" Naruto asked, his eyes looking at Madara as he cleaned a sword that was covered - riddled, in blood.

Looking back down, Naruto used the cloth to rid of the blood that stained the sword. He didn't expect an answer to be given, but he was wrong.

"They had said they'd support you, no matter what path you take." Naruto raised an eyebrow, the blood seeping through the soft cloth.

And it stained his hand with the vermillion color.

"Is that so?" Naruto questioned, looking at his hand that was now ridden in blood. The wet crimson stained his hand as though it was some sort of dye,

"Don't you think they'd contradict themselves if they look at me now?" He asked Madara, whom had nodded in response to his question.

"It's hard to say, really. But even though they'd might contradict themselves, the love that they bear will probably always remain the same." Naruto nodded.

He accepted this as an adequate answer.

~~~

*CLASH!*

Naruto and Tobirama clashed, their blades crashing and a metallic sound reverberating from the beat of their clash. Naruto backed away, tendrils that carried wooden blades that were as sharp as steel wisping with momentary elegance.

An Adamantine Staff was swung, forcing Naruto to use his Aphrodite Blade to block the attack. Naruto used his blade as a way of leverage, pushing himself off before Minato could appear from the side.

Naruto ushered his blade into the ground, replacing the wisps of antimatter with lightning that sparked with shimmering brilliance. 

The grown exploded, their footing interrupted and broken by the crackling that shoved the ground with insanity.

Naruto traversed through the trembling debris, his eyes on full alert. Hiruzen swayed his Staff, letting it destroy the countless debris that blocked their vision.

Naruto covered his eyes, letting the debris graze his clothing, hurting him just a bit - but it was bearable, because the damage was barely worth a single dime.

Naruto suddenly felt a hand attach itself to his back. He widened his eyes, looking back to see Minato place his Hiraishin formula on his teal mantle that governed his shoulders and back.