Chapter 46: Since the very Beginning

~~~

Naruto narrowed his eyes as he looked up right towards the air, seeing many feathers quickly falling down from the sky above. he knew what exactly this was.

Genjutsu. Naruto thought, before releasing the genjutsu that was about to trap him in a sleep. Looking down once more, Naruto saw Gaara get surrounded by his siblings.

Then his sensei, Baki, soon followed after them and stood right in front of them.

Baki soon looked over at Naruto with a fierce look on his face. It seemed like Baki had the very intention of protecting Gaara from Naruto.

"Gaara needs to recover. He is an asset for the whole plan," said Baki, gesturing them to get away from the area to give Gaara some time to recuperate somewhere else.

Naruto started to walk right towards them with a careful manner. This got Baki to bring his guard up. He may be a genin, but Naruto was dangerous and it could prove to be dangerous for Baki.

"Hm? A betrayal of sorts, I see," said Naruto, whispering to himself as he prepared to go after Gaara. He didn't need to fight Baki, it was just simply not needed.

"You're in my way," Naruto said to Baki, readying himself for a way to get through this layer of defense right in front of him. Turning on his Mangekyou Sharingan, Naruto started to look around the arena.

They'll go to the tunnel — no — they'll go the simple route and run up the wall and runaway while Baki holds me up. Tch. Useless. Naruto thought, preparing for a plan to intersect and stop them from getting the help Gaara needed to recuperate.

Naruto then launched himself right towards them once Gaara had been moved to go away from the center-point of the whole mess. Without any hesitation, Baki jumped right towards Naruto as well.

"I can't let get to him," said Baki, throwing a multitude of kunai right towards Naruto. Without flinching or stopping, Naruto dodged the kunais with fluid movement with him rotating his body through the narrow pathways in-between the kunais.

Baki then through a punch right at Naruto as his back was facing him.

"Sorry," said Naruto, also dodging that punch by moving his body just slightly to the side, having the punch just brush passed his shirt. This made Baki widened his eyes.

Naruto then appeared right behind Baki, letting Genma to take over the fight.

"But you don't have a choice," Naruto finished, jumping away from the fight to let Genma to take the fight with Baki instead of himself. Baki looked back with his eyes widened.

That distorted movement — it's like he knew I was going to punch his back. Or did he prepare for that just incase? Baki thought, gritting his teeth as he now has to fight Genma himself.

~~~

That hurt. Naruto thought, putting a hand on his eye for a second or two before lifted it off and away and continued his way to the direction of the Sand siblings.

He wiped his cheek and fastened his pace and kept following their lead. He had no way of tracking them, so he had been resorting to a much more dangerous method within his arsenal.