Chapter 119: One's Own Kin

Começar do início

But he soon ignored it, knowing that personal feelings will only hinder the way of this fight. And if those personal feelings were to win, his loss would be ensured.

Veiny roots rose from the crevices underneath the ground, reaching upwards as they tried entrapping Naruto to its fullest capacity.

Not going all out, huh? Naruto thought, swinging his blade with elegance, using the skills that he had gained from Mifune. Leaving trails of purple hues behind Naruto as he cut down the countless roots and wood that wanted to sever his head.

Tobirama ran on top of the girthy staff, gliding across with his blade intact. he held tightly, his intent to kill the man that reigned over the world burning inside of him with thousands of burning fury.

Jumping off of it, a single hand seal was shown, performed by the man who achieved the epitome of water release.

Senju Tobirama.

Minato appeared on the underside of the Adamantine Staff, running in tandem with Tobirama. Jumping off of it they begun to send their assault against Naruto.

"Rasengan!"

With a Rasengan in hand, Minato thrusted his arm forward, the spiraling orb of chakra just inches away from entering Naruto's noggin.

But the Rasengan soon disappeared. Minato widened his eyes slightly. A kick soon met his face as Naruto used his sword to deflect Tobirama's blade that wanted to pierce his head.

Backing away, Naruto narrowly dodged Hiruzen's Adamantine Staff that he was managing to wield with effortless strength. The former 3rd Hokage grit his teeth.

"Minato! Focus!" He yelled, screaming at the top of his lungs as Naruto stood on the surface area of the staff that could be manipulated with thorough precision.

Naruto imbued his blade with the essence of the Hotoke, lightly coating it so the Aphrodite blade doesn't get destroyed by the essence of antimatter.

Before Naruto could insert his blade to incapacitate the healing properties of the reanimation jutsu, Minato appeared right behind Hiruzen, using his signature time-space jutsu to relocate Hiruzen and his Adamantine Staff.

"He's-" before he could say anything else Hiruzen cut him off with quick succession.

"-your son. I know, Minato. I knew him for a time, too. Even if I feel a certain attachment to him, I can't let him live, knowing how many people that are experiencing despair." Hiruzen gave Minato a stern look.

Minato swallowed the lump that piled inside his throat.

"Hiruzen- he's my son. The difference between you and me is that Naruto and I share the same blood - father and son. A parent can't just kill their own offspring so easily." Minato shot back, the echoes of battle ringing from afar.

Before Hiruzen could say anything, Tobirama cut in while fighting Naruto alongside Hashirama.

"You two! Focus! This is no time to fool around!" Tobirama roared, gaining the attention of both of the former Hokage. Minato lightly clicked his tongue in frustration.

"Minato," Hiruzen said, muttering. "No matter what: Naruto must die. There is no time to think whether someone deserves to live or die, because those decisions will most likely always result in regrets." There was a bitter tone.

It was obvious to Minato - through his excellent deducing - that this bitter tone was deeply rooted in his past. 

Back when he didn't kill Orochimaru when he had the chance.