Connor

Cathrines pov
We walk into the tall building and greet the receptionist and then go to the elevator since we were early no one was here yet we had about thirty minutes until people actually showed up.

We got into the elevator and started going up.

"Mom can you fix my tie?" Luke asks me putting Avery down.

and I sat Alex down because I couldn't fix Luke's tie with Alex in my arms.

I fixed Luke's tie and made sure it was straight.

"Thank you" he mumbles.

I turn back around to pick Alex back up but ace had both of them in his arms.

This was one of the last times I would see him smile at work.

He enjoys making people fear him and he does that anyway he can.

People are scared to even step into his office.

The doors opened and we stepped out
Turned to the right and started walking towards the big brown doors.

We finally reached them and ace opened them for me and Luke and we walked through.

"Luke can you sit in here with Alex and Avery when we go to the meeting?" Ace asks Luke and Luke starts to get nervous.

He's doesn't like a bunch of people around him because of what happened when he was little so he likes to be around people he knows and not anyone new.

"No one's gonna come in here are they?" Luke asks sitting back into the chair.

"No they shouldn't but if they do and they bother you just come get me" ace says and Luke nods.

"The meetings in thirty minutes love" ace says and I nod getting out my phone.

"Where is MY phone, you took it in the car and never gave it back?" Ace says and I look at him confused.

Oh shit I left it in the car...

"I'll be back I'm going to get it" I say standing up but ace grabs me and sits me back down.

"Your not going by yourself" ace says and I roll my eyes at him.

He thinks every man in this office is looking at me and wants to date me but I can assure him they aren't.

"Yes i am , Im taking the stairs anyway" I say standing up again and walking out the door.

I walk towards the stairs and start going down them I quickly regret doing that ....

I was on the fiftieth floor .....
Fifty flights of stairs.

I was exhausted half way through.

I kept walking and walking until I ran into a boy who didn't look any older than twenty he looked at me confused.

"Why didn't you take the elevator Mrs" he asked me stopping in his tracks.

"I don't know but I highly regret my decision to take the stairs why aren't you using the elevator " I say laughing and he looks like he's thinking of something.

"I don't have anything to do so I was just walking up and down the stairs , I wanted to go ask boss if there was something I could help with but then I started getting Nervous" he says slightly laughing.

"Can I walk with you?" He asks quickly.

He was cute ...not in a weird way but you know like how I find Luke cute!.

"Yea if you don't mind me asking how old are you and what's your
Name" I say.

"17 I turn 18 in a couple of days and I'm Connor" he says I nod.

I never know anyones name because I don't hire anyone so when I meet people they automatically know my name and I don't know theirs.

and we start walking down talking about random subjects.

We finally get to the first floor and we walk out of the door and to the car so I can get aces phone.

I open the door and reach under the seat where I had put aces phone.

I grabbed it and turned around.

"Ready to walk back up?" I asked laughing and he nods and laughs.

We walk back up and he walked me to aces office door and then told me he would be back in a little to get some work from ace.

I said ok and then walked in to find a upset or angry looking ace....

"What's wrong?" I ask and he shrugs.

"I can tell your mad ... what did I do?" I ask and I look over at Luke who looks nervous.

He gets nervous when we get upset because of his past so when we get upset we try to hide it until we can talk about it privately.

"Ace if your not gonna tell me what I did then get over it " I say throwing his phone of the desk.

"Who walked you to the car?" He asks as I sit down in the chair in-front of his desk.

Is he serious...

"Connor, are you upset that he walked me to the car" I say laughing while he still looks angry.

I get up and walk over to him and kiss his cheek cause he was being petty and wouldn't let me kiss his lips.

"If it makes you feel better he's Luke's age and he's scared of you." I say and ace finally calms down but I guess he's giving me the silent treatment.

I laugh and walk over to Luke.

"You ok?" I ask and he nods and starts playing with aver and Alex , forgetting all about what just happened.

Ace stands up and walks to the door.

"Meeting" is all he said before walking out.

He's a literal toddler.

I tell Luke bye and then I run to catch up to ace.

while walking next to him he stops and pulls me by my waist and kisses me.

We were in a hallway so I feel like it should have been just and innocent "I'm sorry" kiss.

But no it had to be a make out because I don't know ace likes to dominate everything.

We finally pull away once I was out of breath.

"Im guessing that was your sorry?" I ask laughing.

"Yea , I'm sorry for getting mad at you before I let you explain" he says and I nod and forgive him.

"Get mad around luke again and I'll kill you" I say seriously
He nods and laughs.

"I will apologize to him , I also have to get Avery a baby so I'll be working on that tonight" he says and I shake my head.

"More reasons to kill you" I say and we walk into the meeting room.
---------------------
END OF CHAPTER

I don't like this chapter but I will update it when I wake up!