Chapter 003 - 004

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:

Chi Xin felt incredible anguish as she jumped off the huge wall with Jing Xiubai. As the wind buzzed in her ears, the people on the wall became black dots.

【Ding! The trouble value has risen to 55. Congratulations to the host, keep up the good work!】

This action had actually given her 50 points at once, offending the hero was obviously not small. Cold air blew in Chi Xin’s expressionless face and her heart almost stopped; in this irrational movie world, she could already see her ill-fated future.

But the system’s action awakened her. If the system could manipulate her at will if her trouble value was too low, what would happen if she never increased it? To whom would her body belong? Would she lose her consciousness without even realizing it? Would the system destroy her body to get rid of a nuisance? Or would she become stuck here, unable to control her action but able to see everything until the day she died? Fear spread in her heart.

In the rapid fall, Jing Xiubai’s glasses flew away and his clear and sharp eyes were full of disbelief. Chi Xin felt cold all over and a chilling feeling reached her bones until she realized she was still holding the male protagonist.

Jing Xiubai wasn’t trying to kill her but forming a surface of ice around them, as their two bodies landed on a mountain of previously stacked unconscious zombies. Ignoring Chi Xin’s hands still tied to his body, Jing Xiubai stretched out his arms to protect the girl in his embrace, planning on using himself as a shield to withstand the impact of the fall.

His intentions were honorable, but for Chi Xin who had just offended him for some 50 points of trouble, his protection made her freeze. Regardless of the current situation, Chi Xin instinctively tried to push the hero away but as she freed her hands, Jing Xiubai’s momentum suddenly stopped and without the concealment of his frames, his eyes showed astonishment.

In order to prevent the hard landing from tearing him apart, he had to let go of Chi Xin and his hands grabbed a zombie’s arm. He then quickly turned around to search for Chi Xin’s figure; even with the zombies as a buffer, landing after a fall this high would end up in internal damage. Chi Xin at this time: Ah! Ah! Ah! So many zombies!

After being separated from Jing Xiubai, it took her a while to realize she had ended up on a pile of zombies. No! No! Don’t bite me!

She didn’t seem to notice these zombies were unconscious; her strong will to survive broke out again and her slender waist suddenly twisted upwards. In Jing Xiubai’s shocked eyes, she bounced up in a posture humans couldn’t accomplish. Her light body was like a butterfly, particularly beautiful among so many corpses, and her hand instinctively grabbed the hot and hard object she touched.

She rolled over several times until she reached the ground, landing on one knee to maintain her balance, her long black hair was scattered all over her body, and the thing she had picked up was held to her side.

Dust stirred up on the ground and she stood up before looking up at the people above her, ignoring the frenzy of zombies behind her.

People on the wall: …

Jing Xiubai: …

Chi Xin with the machine gun that had appeared from nowhere in her hand: …

This series of actions really shocked all the survivors of Base L. Cao Yan, who had been trying to kill her a few minutes ago, patted Yu Xiang on the shoulder with a dazed look: “Isn’t she your classmate?”

Yu Xiang nodded blankly: “Yeah.”

Cao Yan: “Aren’t you from some normal, prestigious university? Or are you actually special forces in training?”