10

"Is she his new wife?"

"Ugh, she's ugly."

"Sloan was so much better."

"Pariston was definitely fōrced to marry someone like her."

"She doesn't deserve Pariston."

"I'm prettier than her."

"She is so mediocre for someone like Pariston."

Amber walked through the people who weren't even trying to hide their disgust. Their dirty gazes and bitter words were enough to twist her insides.

She clutched Pariston's hand for support as she limped, around the room. The beating she got for running to her father's place was still fresh.

"So, I heard you rejected Scott's deal, aye?" The man in front of her smirked at Pariston.

"There are boundaries in business too." Pariston mumbles, as his grip on her waist tightens.

"You're such a smart man when it comes to business, I didn't expect you to turn down such a great offer. Think about it again, Pariston, I can talk to Scott if you want me to." He smiled, as Pariston sighed in frustration.

"Amber darling, will you excuse us?" Pariston turns to her.

Amber looks around the room, everyone's piercing gaze stuck on her as she shakes her head.

"I don't know anyone here, Paris." She whispers.

Pariston lets out a sigh, secretly glaring at her before he grabs her arm, pulling her away from everyone into the corner.

"Can I go home?" She mumbles softly.

"Shut the fvck up!" He snarls angrily, grabbing her jaw.

"When I tell you something, you fvcking obey. Each and every men out there was eye-fvcking you and you were enjoying that, weren't you? You're nothing but a filthy wh0re." Pariston growls, slamming her on the wall behind.

Tears pool into her eyes as she fought hard not to collapse.

"You like being treated like a wh0re, let's get home then I'll teach you how wh0res are treated." He snarls.

"I'm sorry. I didn't se-"

"Shut the fvck up!" He growls, pressing his fingers into her neck.

She struggles to breathe, staring in his eyes with fear.

"Did you forget the beating you got last week, honey?" He questions, cupping her cheek.

"Sorry." Amber breaks down sobbing.

"If I find you putting on a show for any men here, I will skin you alive tonight." Paris growls, shoving her away.

He pulls out a napkin from his pocket, wiping her tears before he runs his fingers through her hair to fix it.

"Go, and behave elegantly out there. You're going to get it tonight, don't add more to your list." He gives her a pointed look, before walking away.

Amber stands there, comprehending what had just happened. Wiping her tears away, she walks into the room again. To avoid more judgemental looks, she stands at the very corner of the room, hiding behind the curtains where a big packet of doughnuts and a bottle of alcohol catch her attention.