𝔾𝕠𝕠𝕕𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕖𝕤𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙𝕤𝕔𝕒𝕣 - ℍ𝕚𝕥 𝕒𝕟𝕕 ℝ𝕦𝕟

DOUBLE LIFE SESSION 4 SPOILERS

Okay so I know my mental health has kinda been bad and writer's block has been fucking me over almost as hard as the British government have fucked up the country I live in (sorry to get political), but when I tell you session 4 of Double Life has resurrected me... God fucking damn. That episode was insane and I am now obsessed. And now here I am, writing a whole oneshot over Scar's MLG clutch because that's the sort of person I am.

Also, I'll link the song this title is from as I was listening to it while writing, but this is not a lyric oneshot :)

MCYT: Goodtimeswithscar

SMP or AU: Double Life SMP

Type: Sort of protective, badass shit where everyone is yelling but also Scar still finds time to be a good soulmate (So established relationship obvs)

Pronouns: They/Them

Notes: Y/N = Your name

Premise: [You're Scar's soulmate, Grian just kinda exists on his own lol] All the red-lifers swarm your base and decide to target the Jellies, which leads to you seeing a fierce and powerful side of Scar you've never witnessed before.

Trigger warnings: Violence, mild injury description, blood, canon -compliant animal cruelty (I will try and keep it to minimal detail because I don't wanna write about that at all but the plot demands it), I let Scar say a swear word because he's earned it

Y/N's POV

"They're all here." I watched the colour drain from Grian's face as fear and panic took over, offsetting his usually round and bright features into a twisted grimace that felt pasted hastily onto his visage. The look of concern didn't suit the sandy blond and such a succinct and small change in the order of things was beginning to make me own heart rate rise with anticipation. I didn't dare look over the slapdash construction that was the handrails of our platform, knowing the sight would paralyse me to a still form. I couldn't afford that, I needed to be mobile should things go south.

I saw Jimmy and Tango tense up in my peripheral vision, and for a swift second my heart ached for the two ranchers. They shouldn't be here for this, it's just wrong place, wrong time. I sent a quick prayer to the Watchers to spare them any shortcomings, keep any violence to those it was meant to be against, not the two who stood near quivering. The two were exchanging hushed whispers as Grian began to pace, and I simply curled my hand around the hilt of my sword. The only one who seemed somewhat unaffected by this revelation was Scar. He simply reached out to take my other hand, hooking our pinky-fingers together and scanning my face to ensure I was okay.

"The pillar up here, it's not made of wood, is it?" Tango asked suddenly, making my head snap up. The silence that rang out as a response was deafening, the only sound a wisp of wind the the rustle of the Avian's jumper as he started wringing his hands.

"I really need to stop building out of such flammable materials," He finally spluttered, face wracked with anxious speculation. I tried to shoot him a smile, assure the man that it wasn't his fault, we couldn't have expected this. The gesture was lost in the cloud of his terror and Jimmy's observation soon after.

"Well, not to alarm you, but they do have flint and steel."

"They're going to tear the place apart..." I muttered, shifting my grip on Scar to press our palms fully together. He squeezed my hand absentmindedly, eyes focused very much on the scene down below.

I figured I needed to survey the situation, and would inevitably have to look, so I leaned over slightly to observe what was sprawling below us. My throat constricted at the sight. Etho and Joel, now red-named by mine and Grian's petty mistakes, where crouched by the entrance of the Jellie-Panda Hybrid Sanctuary, doing what I could only assume as attempting to set the place ablaze. Scott, Pearl, Martyn and Cleo looked on from the side, unmoving to help or hinder. My heart clenched in my chest, aching for the sweet, lumbering creatures down below. They were nothing more than oversized cats, taking on the proportions of a panda. None of us knew quite what to make of them, but they reminded Scar of his cat back on Hermitcraft so it was a comfort to him, and that was good enough for me. Grian was resistant to having them around, not out of cruelty, but because he was the practical one. Bringing them here had been a bad idea, and this was proof.