vi

WHEN I WOKE UP THE LAST THING i expected to see was a debutante ball invitation.

I picked up the thick piece of paper and looked at it again. I have no idea how it got in my room, but my number one suspect is Susannah.

Now, I absolutely adore Susannah and she is probably my favorite person to ever walk this earth, but the whole debutante thing is something I will never like.

She has been talking about it ever since Belly and I were little girls. Even though Belly never absolutely hated the idea, I have no idea if Belly would accept the invitation.

I'm sure she has one waiting beside her bed too. We were always supposed to do that together.

I promised myself that I wouldn't be a part of the deb ball. Not because it's extremely old school or because it goes against everything I ever believed in, but only because my mom cried when she talked about the ball.

Now you can imagine twelve year old me watching my mom cry over something, absolutely shattered my little heart. I figured if it was that horrible I wouldn't do it either.

That's why I'm pacing through my room, thinking about an excuse I could tell Susannah why I would not be a debutante.

"Oli, you will not believe what was on my nightstand this morning." Belly burst into my room, shock morphed into her face.

I waved the invitation so she could see it and she looked at me with a confused expression.

"Aren't you excited?" Belly asked.

"I'm not gonna do it, Bells." I sighed and anxiously made eye contact.

"Alright, but why? You always said we'd do this together when we turned sixteen." Belly frowned.

"I don't want to do it anymore, sorry." I bit my lip nervously and fidgeted with the invitation.

"That's alright, Oli. No need to be sorry." Belly reassured me.

I gave her a quick smile before walking to my closet.

"Are we doing something today?" I asked.

"You aren't. I am." she blushed.

"Oh, who's the lucky guy?" I wiggled my eyebrows.

"Please don't do that ever again. You look terrifying and its Cam." she tucked her hair behind her ear.

"Well, tell me all the details, Bells. I haven't heard anything about this Cam!" I exclaimed.

"He's just a nice guy. I met him at the bonfire." she rolled her eyes.

"So that's where you ran off to. I knew you were gone for way too long!" I said with an accusing tone.

"I'm sorry! I'm meeting him in an hour and we're going to the drive in movies." she explained.

"How romantic." I teased, dragging her out of my room.

She looked at me confused and opened her mouth to speak when I cut her off.

"Go get ready, Casanova." I smiled innocently.

"You do know that Casanova is a man, right." she asked slowly.

"Female Casanova then, same thing. Now go get ready." I ushered her into her room.

"Alright alright, I'm leaving at seven. Wish me luck!" she yelled before closing her door.

I heard Conrad, Jeremiah and Steven yelling at each other and I decided to tell them the big date news because I obviously can't keep my mouth shut.

"Guys, guys, guys, do you know the big news already?" I yelled with a big grin on my face, running into the living room.

They all turned around to face me at the same time and stared at me with a blank look on their faces.

"Okay, obviously not. Our little Belly is going on a date!" I exclaimed excitedly, only to be met with the same blank stares.

"Oh, come on. Be excited." I frowned.

"My sister, Belly. Has a date?" Steven asked as if he doesn't believe it.

I nodded and walked over to the couch they were sitting on.

"So," I drawled. "What do you think about this big date news, Jere." I asked, wanting to know if he'd get jealous.

"Good for her, I guess." he responded, playing the game again.

I rolled my eyes and looked at Conrad. He was already looking at me, amused. He shook his head and looked down to hide the small smile that appeared.

"Hey, don't laugh at me!" I scolded him.

He held up his hands and went back to the game.

I was watching them play when Steven spoke up.

"Do you wanna play too?" he asked nodding his head to the game.

"I don't know how to play, though." I answered, grimacing.

"I'll teach you. It isn't hard to play." Conrad said from behind me.

I turned around to look at him and smiled at him before agreeing.

"Come here, then." he murmured, following me with his eyes as I stood up from my spot next to Jeremiah.

I sat down on the edge of the couch to leave enough space between me and Conrad. I remember how he used to get really annoyed when someone stood too close to him.

Interrupting my thoughts, I felt him grabbing my hand and tugging me closer to him. Alright, then.

When he let go of my hand, I was sitting so close to him, our legs were basically touching.

He gave me the controller and scooted closer again so he could reach it too.

"Okay, Liv. So, the X is to accelerate, okay? The O is to slow down, the square is to change perspectives and the triangle is to pause the game. " Conrad explained quickly.

"Just don't press the triangle. It's annoying." Steven piped up.

I stood up, ignoring the weird look Conrad gave me, and walked over to where Steven was sitting.

When he realized what I was trying to do he started shielding his controller with his body and tried to get me to go away by kicking his legs.

It didn't really do anything except make him look funny, but I was not going to tell him that.

After struggling for a few seconds, I finally was able to pull the controller out of his hands and press the triangle, just to spite him.

Steven groaned and stole the controller out of my hands.

"You're so annoying." he sighed.

"I know you love me, Steven." I smiled and went back to Conrad.

When I got back I saw Conrad glaring at Steven. I touched his arm while sitting down and he looked at me, still glaring, but his eyes quickly softening when he saw me frowning.

"What's wrong?" I whispered, knowing he wouldn't like it if I asked when everyone could hear.

"Nothing." he brushed it off and gave me his controller. "You can play with mine, I'm going upstairs."

I frowned and said goodbye, taking the controller. I wonder what that was all about.

○○○

hi... okay SO i have a plot in mind for a jeremiah fanfic andd i was wondering if you guys would read it! like, i obviously don't want to start writing if you guys don't think it will be good ?? anyways, lmk what you thought of this chapter even though it kinda was a filler! okay, well see you next chapter loves :)

please vote & comment !