i

SUMMER HAS ALWAYS BEEN my favorite season. I love hanging out with my friends everyday, going to the beach just because I can, watching sunsets everyday and most of all going to Susannah's beach house.

I've been going to the beach house every summer, ever since I was born. My best childhood memories are there, a lot of them including Belly, Jeremiah and Conrad.

Belly is my best friend, even though we only see each other in the summer. We've always been this close, she knows everything about me and I know everything about her. I wish she lived closer, it's hard to say goodbye every summer. We always drive to the beach house together.

When I was younger, it was way easier. My mom would pick out my clothes to bring with me, put them in my suitcase and I didn't have to do anything. Well, it's different now. My mom thinks I'm old enough to pack my suitcase myself, which is probably true.

Mom never went to the beach house. She never told me why she didn't join us in the summer and I was used to it, so I never asked. Now, I'm pretty curious why she doesn't want to go to the beach house with me but it feels like a touchy subject.

"Olivia, hurry up! Laurel is going to arrive any moment." my mom yelled.

Laurel is probably arriving in two hours. Mom has always been a bit dramatic. Mom, Laurel and Susannah used to be friends in high school. It amuses me that they're still friends. I wish I had those kind of friends right now.

"Olivia, I'm serious! I told you this morning, Laurel is coming an hour earlier." Mom yelled again.

Shit. In my defense, she told me when I was still half asleep. Why did she even think it was a good idea to wake me up at six?

"Fine, mom. I'm almost ready!" I answered, walking over to my closet.

As I was checking if I brought everything, I heard a car on the driveway. I really had to hurry up now. I decided to sit on my suitcase so I could zip it up. I looked like a total idiot but hey, it worked.

I rushed down the stairs to say goodbye to my mom.

"Bye Olivia, be good." she said, narrowing her eyes.

"Sure mom, love you!" I answered, jokingly rolling my eyes while already walking out of my house.

Sure, I'd miss my friends here but I wouldn't want to spend my summer anywhere else than the beach house.

Even though it was only eleven, it was already hot outside. I'm so happy I packed some extra shorts. I walked to Laurel's car and when I opened the door, I immediately got tackled into a hug by Belly.

"I missed you so much!" I squealed while hugging her back. I pulled away when I literally couldn't breathe anymore and awkwardly waved at Steven.

"You look different." he said, furrowing his brows.

"Well, aren't you the sweetest?" I said sarcastically. He clearly hasn't changed. Maybe a slightly bigger ego but that's pretty much it.

Belly on the other hand, has changed dramatically. In a good way, of course. She looks way older than last year, and decided to ditch the glasses.

"You look good, Bells." I said smiling. She blushed and mumbled a thank you in response. Still shy apparently.

"So, are you excited to go back to the beach house?" Laurel spoke up.

"Of course I'm excited, Laurel! I've looked forward to this since September." I answered, grinning. It's true, the day after I went back home, I immediately wanted to go back. Unfortunately, I had to go to school and stay in boring old Lexington.

The drive to the beach house has always been Belly's favorite time to sing karaoke. Of course, I join in everytime. Who can resist "Can't Do Better", seriously?

After a two hour drive, we finally arrived. I can see Jeremiah and Susannah waiting outside. I'm a bit disappointed that Conrad isn't there. He used to be there too, but apparently not anymore.

Stepping out of the car I ran to give Susannah a hug. She is one of my favorite people in the world. Even though she's a forty year old woman, I'd consider her one of my best friends.

"Oli, I missed you so much." Susannah said, her voice muffled because her face was pressed into my sweater.

"I missed you too, Susannah." I sighed. The second I pulled away from her, someone picked me up and twirled me around.

"Hi, Jere." I said with a flat tone. He is seriously the only one that gets away with this type of stuff.

"Hey, Oli." He said, dragging out the i.
"I missed you."

"You're so sweet to me today, Jere. What happened?" I asked sarcastically.

"I'm a changed man, Oli. A lot can happen in a year." He teased. I giggled and turned around to grab my suitcase when I saw Conrad walking up to Belly.

I felt that weird feeling of jealousy again. I know I shouldn't be jealous right now. I should be happy for Belly, that she's the one he wants to talk to first. Not Steven, not Laurel and definitely not me.

Belly knows I like Conrad too. We told eachother last summer, when we caught eachother staring at him on the beach. We both found it funny, not making a big deal about it. I wonder if Belly feels the same when I talk to Conrad.

"Liv" I heard him call me over. That stupid nickname made the butterflies in my stomach go crazy. Nobody called me Liv, except him.

I could say I don't want him to call me that, but I kinda like it. It's something that is only our thing. No one else's.

"Hi, Conrad." I finally acknowledged him.

He smiled at me, nodded his head and turned around to go back inside. No "I missed you.", no hug, not even a real conversation. Great.

"He's been acting weird all year, don't worry." Jeremiah assured me. I shrugged and walked to the car to grab my suitcase. Jere walked over to Belly and helped her carry her suitcase. What is it with everyone ignoring me this summer?

I'm still set on making this the best summer I've ever had. With or without Conrad. I could be able to make some friends here. It's not like I can only hang out with Belly and the boys.

○○○

and the first chapter is written wow!! i know conrad is being a dick rn but i promise it'll get better, lmk what you think of this chapter and olivia!

please vote & comment !