v

LET'S JUST SAY LAUREL was not happy about the whole cop thing.

Okay, she wasn't happy that we snuck out either and she was certainly not happy that we all came home drunk, but Susannah being the literal angel she is, talked the cop out of whatever he was planning on.

So right now it's ten in the morning and we all feel like we're half dead. Especially Conrad. I did expect him to feel bad today considering the amount of alcohol he drank last night, I didn't think his mood would be this terrible too.

Last night was pretty fun, though. It was nice seeing Wes again too. Shit, I promised him I'd text him when I was home.

"Bells, let's say I hypothetically told someone I'd text them when I was home and I hypothetically forgot to text them, should I still text him? Hypothetically speaking, of course." I ask while taking the cereal box out of her hands.

"Right, is this completely hypothetical person cute?" Belly teased, making me slap her arm.

"If you think Weston Paul is cute." Conrad said, frowning.

Those were the first words he said today and it's him shitting on Wes again, great.

"You're talking to Weston Paul?" Belly whipped her head around so fast, I swear her neck has to be dislocated.

"Talking is a big word, Bells. We just hung out yesterday." I rolled my eyes.

I heard Conrad groaning and standing up from the couch. Then he sighed dramatically and walked away.

"Is he really that hungover?" I asked raising my eyebrows at him.

"I have no idea. Anyways, you should totally text Weston." Belly went back to the original subject.

I groaned, but agreed to do it.

oli :)
hi wes, i'm so sorry i didn't text you anymore last night. i totally forgot, hope you can forgive me :,)

wes !!
don't worry about it, oli. i'm glad you still texted me!

"This is so awkward. I hate texting." I whined, turning around and seeing absolutely no one standing there.

"You know, Liv. Most of the time the problem is the person you're texting. Not texting in general." Conrad walked into the kitchen with wet hair.

I'm assuming he showered, then. He looked and sounded less hungover. Luckily, he didn't smell like beer anymore either.

"Lovely to see you too, Connie." I mustered up a fake smile and turned around rolling my eyes.

"Why are you being like this, what did I do wrong?" he dragged out the last word and walked over to where I was standing.

"You're so mean to Wes, you don't even know him!" I answered.

Sure, I was a bit fed up with him constantly insulting Wes. I was finally talking to a boy and one of my closest friends doesn't even like him.

"Trust me when I say he's not looking for a relationship, Livvy."

He hasn't used to nickname since we were little. I glared at him for it and he chuckled in response.

"What does that even mean? What do you think he wants then?" I asked, annoyed with him.

"Come on, it's obvious! The whole time you were talking to him last night he was just staring at your tits." Co rad rolled his eyes and opened the fridge.

"Wha- What! He was not staring at my tits." I struggled to bring out.

"It's not like I was wearing the most revealing dress ever." I argued.

"Trust me, Liv. Anytime that guy sees a bit of skin, his hormones go cray cray."

Okay now he was just making fun of Wes again.

"He was just being nice to me!" I exclaimed.

"Just know that if he invites you to his boat, he wants to have sex." Conrad looked at me.

"How do you even know that?" I asked, refusing to believe anything he was saying.

"I have my connections here, Liv. I've had to comfort loads of friends because they were led on by the one and only Wes." he muttered the last sentence and was about to walk away.

I was going to say something when I received a notification on my phone.

wes !!
oh btw, wanna go with me on my boat sometime? there's loads of stuff to do there ;)
read at 10:27 am

Conrad looked over my shoulder at my phone, and I just knew he was holding back a grin.

"Okay, fine. Maybe you were right." I said quietly.

"Hm, what was that? I didn't hear you." he joked.

I groaned. "You were right, he used the wink emoji. Who even uses the wink emoji anymore? That's so creepy." I sighed.

Conrad snorted. "That is pretty creepy, didn't know he was so forward."

I shoved him and tried to hold back my own laughter. I eventually failed and started laughing with Conrad.

This reminded me of old Conrad. The carefree Conrad, the risk taker, the adventurous one of us two. I missed it.

He went to the stairs and started walking upstairs.

"Wait Conrad, don't go. I'm bored!" I yelled at him.

"Go text loverboy." Conrad shot me a wink and ran upstairs.

I groaned loudly, just to be dramatic and stomped upstairs.

"No need to be so loud, babe. There are better times for that." I heard Conrad yell from his room.

At first I didn't get the joke, but when I did I scoffed and opened his door. I entered without knocking and went to his bed, where Conrad was currently trying to sleep.

I lifted the blankets and laid beside him.

"I swear, I'm going to murder you in your sleep." I whispered.

"Oh are you in my bed, waiting until I fall asleep then?" he smirked.

"You know what, that's exactly what I'm doing." I answered confidently.

"You're lucky I'm still hungover then, because if I wasn't, there would be no way in hell I'd be asleep again by eleven in the morning."

I'll give it to him, he has his smart moments. Or I have my dumb ones, same thing really.

"Right, goodnight then. I'm not very patient." I patted his chest and grabbed a pillow from the ground.

"Are you actually going to stay here while I'm sleeping?" Conrad asked with his eyes closed.

"Do you want me to?"

"Sure, Liv. Stay." he answered, words muffled by his pillow.

Soon, he was asleep, snoring a bit. I would never admit it, but he looked like an angel when he was sleeping. Only because he finally shut up, of course.

○○○

i'm sorry for the late chapter babes!! anyways who's happy we have already ditched wes? me, obviously! seriously though, i felt like he didn't have anything to add to the story so i just wrote him to be a dick sorry for the wes lovers :) as promised: more couple-ish conrad & liv content yay !! see you next chapter and thankyou sm for 1k reads !!!

please vote & comment !