Chapter 2

A few days later, Sean had a bunch of us over to his house to watch a big soccer game. We'd tried to get tickets to the game since it was just down in DC, and we only lived like an hour away, but our parents decided that the five of us didn't need to be unleashed on DC without a parent. And none of them could get away to take us, so watching at the Beamin's would have to do.

"Let's get snacks before it starts," Sean suggested and we followed him into the kitchen to raid the pantry and fridge.

Molly Beamin always kept the best snacks on hand, and even though I had a pool at my house, we found ourselves at Sean's so much more. We'd have gone to Brody's house, the TV in his basement was bigger, but his older brother, Xander, is a jerk to us usually, so we stayed away. He was especially a jerk to me since he'd gone out with my sister during high school and the summer before they started college she'd broke up with him. Some how this was my fault apparently.

"Is this any better?" Emily was standing at the back door. 

Damn! My mouth dropped open I'm sure. She was standing there in a black bikini top and a little pair of shorts. Her hair was piled on her head again, and she was barefoot. Holy shit, her bellybutton was pierced. Dear god, the girl was hot, and I wanted to grab her and kiss her. The desire was stronger than anything I'd ever felt before. "You keep telling me to change clothes, so is it?"

"Dear god, Emily," Sean's eyes were bulging. He looked mad. "I didn't mean that. And do Mom and Dad know about your belly button?"

"I'd hope so, Mom took me and let me do it," she opened the door and walked out onto their deck.

"Dude, your sister is hot!" our loudmouthed friend, Ben, had to state the obvious.

"Yeah, well, she's off limits to you jerks," he opened the pantry door, and it almost put a dent in the wall with the door knob.

At that moment, my heart fell right down to my feet and Sean stomped all over it. I looked out onto the deck. Emily had her phone out and was texting someone. I wished it was me, but when she laughed, I knew it wasn't. Having my number would have made it easier for her to text me, but I overlooked that fact. She looked up and saw me watching her, and her smile widened. She waved a bit, but I didn't want to be caught, so I just returned the smile. Her blue eyes twinkled with mischief, and then she laughed again.

Ryan had a couple of bags of chips, and Sean had some sodas, so they started back out of the room. I kept looking out at Emily, hoping I could get my heart back to where it should be.

"Hold up," my friend, Brody, grabbed my arm.

"What?" I asked.

"Let them go," he watched as they walked out. "Look, I saw how you and Emily were looking at each other, so I'll help you."

"What do you mean?"

"You know what I mean," Brody gave me this look. "I don't care if you take her out and honestly, I think Beamin is an idiot. Get her number real quick, and then text her."

"And you'll run interference?" I felt like Brody was up to something. He was a good guy, and he had a girlfriend, so I knew he was serious that he didn't care if I took Emily out.

"Quick before he looks for us," Brody stuck his head out of the kitchen, but I didn't move. "Oh, give me your phone," he held out his hand and I gave it to him.

I watched as he walked out onto the deck and handed my phone to Emily. She looked at him, then in at me. She held it for a minute, punching in numbers, then gave it back to him. I couldn't hear what he said to her, or what she said back, but apparently her number was in my phone.