Becoming Ellie - Part 2

Eventually, I will continue the story in a second book, titled "Becoming Ellie". For now, this will serve as the first chapter of that book. I  have been thinking (and busy with life) long and hard about how Ellie's story would go. If you stuck around this long, thanks a bunch ❤️

.................................................................................

Ellie watch the doors close as Dada and Papa disappeared out of sight. Where did they go?  They left!?!?  Ellie struggled to get out of the special stroller but the straps and mittens kept her in place.  Eventually, Dr Todd leaned down and wiped her tears.

"Ellie," he said. "Dada and Papa will come back. But first, you are going to stay here with us a while."

"Dada a-an Papa tome back" Ellie whined as she looked toward the elevator.

"Not just yet sweetie, but they will" dr Todd replied. "But first, you have to be a good girl and so what the doctors and nurses tell you.  Can you do that?" 

Ellie slowly nodded her head as she cried quietly. She would do ANYTHING to make Dada and Papa come back.

"Where Ewie is?" She asked.

"This is the hospital Ellie.  You were here after you were lost.  And sometimes you come here to see Mrs Helen. Do you remember?" 

Ellie remembered.  She remembered waking up and not being able to get up out of bed. She remembered her daddies coming for her.  She remembered Mrs Helen. She nodded.

"Okay, good.  It's getting close to bed time Ellie. What do you say we find your room and let the nurses get you ready for sleep?  You have a busy day tomorrow of appointments and evaluations. "

Ellie didn't know what appointments and evaluations were. She was worried about going to bed. Would she get a bottle?  A story?  Who would rock her?  Would they let her keep Mr Bear? 

Ellie squeezed Mr Bear tighter as Dr Todd and a man pushed the special chair she was in toward a door. Dr Todd held a card up to the door, it clicked, and he pushed it open. An older lady was inside what looked like a tent. She smiled at Ellie and walked over.

"Hi Ellie.  I'm Susan. I'll be your nurse tonight. I'm just getting your bed made. " the lady smiled at Ellie.

"He-hewwo" Ellie said softly. 

"I can take it from here guys. Thanks for bringing her in".

Ellie watched as Dr Todd and the man left.  She shifted in her chair and look at Susan.

"H-how Ewie Ni-ni?" She asked quietly. 

"Ni-ni?" Susan repeated.  "You mean sleep?"

Ellie nodded.

"Well, first we will get you changed into your special pajamas and then you'll get into bed". Susan smiled.

"Baba?  Who wock Ewie?" She asked.

"Well, we won't be having bottles Ellie. But I can offer you a cup. And you're too big for me to rock darling. But your bed is super comfy and you'll have your stuffed with you".

"Ewie tan hab Mr Bear?"

"Yes you can," Susan smiled. "Now, let's get you unbuckled and get those mittens off.  I think you might also need a diaper change".

Ellie sat quietly as Susan unbuckled the special chair. Dr Todd told her daddies would come back but she had to listen and be good.  She was going to do her best to he a good girl.   As Susan went to grab Mr Bear Ellie got nervous. 

"Mine" Ellie said reaching toward her stuffy.

"He is yours Ellie. I'm just going to sit him down so I can take off your mittens and change your clothes. You can have him right back, ok?"

Ellie nodded keeping her eyes on Mr Bear. Ellie would be very afraid without him.  As a matter of fact, she was very afraid now. 

Nurse Susan unbuckled and removed Ellie's mittens. She slowly started undressing Ellie. 

"Ellie," Susan said calmly, "I'm going to take off your shirt right now. ". Susan slowly slid the shirt off.  "Now, raise up just a bit in your chair and I'm going to slide your pants down and take off your socks and shoes." 

Ellie tried to raise up some as Susan scooted her pants around her diaper and pulled them off with her shoes and socks. Ellie thought Nurse Susan was nice but she didn't like sitting alone in just her diapee. She crossed her arms around herself. She really wanted Mr Bear back now. 

Ellie was just starting to tear up when Nurse Susan said, "Ok Ellie, let's walk over to your special bed.  I'll change your diaper there and get your pajamas on".

Ellie tried sliding down in the floor so she could crawl to the tent/bed when Nurse Susan suddenly grabbed her.  "No Ellie!  The floor is dirty. We need to walk".

"Ewie no walk!" Ellie said as she started to cry. "Ewie two!" She said holding up her three fingers.

"I see," said Nurse Susan sadly. "Let me push your chair over closer to the bed and then you can slide over".

Nurse Susan moved the chsit directly next to the bed and Ellie slid over.

"There we go. " Susan said. "Now, let's have a change, ok".

Ellie watched Nurse Susan pull out a huge, plain white diapee. "Pwincess diapee pease!" Ellie said. Daddies always had pretty diapers for her.

"I'm sorry Ellie. These are our diapers at the hospital." 

Ellie stared at the ceiling as Nurse Susan wiped her clean and put on the big, plain diaper. 

"There we go.  Now, let's sit up and get into your pajamas. "

Ellie sat up as nurse Susan took her bow out of her hair and slid on a pair of plain white pajamas and white socks.  Ellie looked at the plain clothes missing the pretty clothes at her daddies' house. 

"Wh-where Ewie cwose?" She asked. 

"These are your clothes while you're here. Your clothes are at your house.  They'll be there when you go back" nurse Susan said.

"There. All clean, and all changed. Here is your Bear back".

Ellie smiled as Nurse Susan handed her Mr Bear. Then Ellie got worried when Nurse Susan started zipping up the tent.

"There Ellie. All set for bed time. I'll be back to check on you later and bring you some milk in a cup of course.  Would you like to have the TV on?" 

Ellie didnt respond. The tent/bed went all around her and nurse Susan had closed it. How would she get out!?!

When Ellie didnt respond, susan said, "okay, maybe later then. I'll be back Ellie" and walked out.

Ellie was suddenly scared again.  She had no daddies. No diapees.  No pretty clothes. No toys.  She didn't know what to do, so she cuddled up to Mr Bear and cried herself to sleep.

Ellie's Bed

Ellie's Bed