Chapter 25

Jason-

"Alright, thank you Declan." I expressed, then turned off the phone while heading to my room.

I closed the door behind me, and instantly removed my tie and my shirt. I walked around my bed, and opened the first drawer in my nightstand. I pulled out the white envelope, which now bore a wrinkled corners and sweaty fingerprints, as a result of being opened over and over again the past few months.

I pulled out the contents of the envelope and leaned back on the head of my bed. My eyes scanned the pieces of paper in my hand until I had read each word verbatim. Then I closed my eyes and sighed.

Cara was gone, and I had no idea what to do.

I spent the past few months building he perfect defense against her. I told myself I wouldn't get affected by her spunk and fire. Except I was fooling myself. Like a pyromaniac, I was drawn in by the explosion of emotions and personality which she housed behind that pretty face and sharp, tasty tongue. Like a glutton, I was addicted to her taste. But like a stubborn man who thrived on order and believed in the honesty of biding contracts, I wanted to punish her for not seeing my world, my wants, my life.

I wanted Cara in my life and yet she detested the very thing that I was. She came into my life and bulldozed through all my walls of order. Then she turned her pretty tail and swaying hips and walked away, leaving me a mess.

I didn't realize I was crumpling the paper in my hands until it was too late. I breathed out and closed my eyes again.

There was no way I was going to let Cara get away with turning my world upside down. She stomped on my order and tore away everything I had for comfort. And now, all I knew was her. All I wanted was her. And I wondered why?

She was everything I hated in a woman. She was every I wanted to hate in a woman. She was everything.

Confused and angry, I shoved the paper back inside the envelope and dropped it in the drawer, then my eyes fell on a second envelope. It was a yellow envelope. I opened it and instantly realized that Cara wasn't off the hook. Yes, she paid me back the money. But I didn't want the money anymore. No. I wanted her, and with this envelope in my hand, I would have her.

Narrator-

While the scheming Dom turned in for the night with a smile on his face, Cara had just reached her home. It was already five in the morning, which meant for Cara that sleep was out of the question.

Cara paid the taxi driver and rushed into the house. She was glad to find it peaceful, dust covered, but still intact in her absence. When Cara locked the door and dropped her bags on he floor, the first thing she did was lift her hands above her head and scream in glee. She laughed and smiled brightly. She was home and she was free!

Cara clapped and ran all over the house cheering and laughing, then suddenly it hit her. She was home. The last place she saw her father truly alive. The memory knocked into her joints like rubber bullets, and Cara stumbled to the nearest seat. She looked around the room and her eyes filled with tears. She suddenly remembered everything. Joe, Cindy, Vincent, Luiza, and even Jason.

"No." Cara shook her head. "No way." She said.

Cara hopped off the chair and grabbed her purse. She reached the door handle and paused. She looked around the establishment.

She suddenly didn't recognize it.

It had Jason's name all over it.

It was no longer her home.

Knowing that the nearest Walmart Supercenter was already open, Cara grabbed her keys and headed to her car. Thankfully, her tires weren't too damaged from standing still for so long. Cara drove to the nearest gas station, and filled her tires with some air, given that the morning commute had already begun filling the streets. Cara drove to the store and purchased as many boxes as as she could, tape and packing paper and bubble wrap. She also purchased a special box lock, then she retuned home. Given that her father's things were already gone, Cara simply saw to packing up her clothes, her personal items, and anything she could carry in a box.