✯Twenty-Eight✯ - The Bet Contract

Start from the beginning

If she was by any chance still doubtful of Jacob's wealth, the sight of his closet definitely knocked that doubt away. She liked the blackness of every wardrobe, drawers, cabinets and whatever things she saw that she couldn't name. 

Pulling off the towel wrapped around her chest, to drop it on the island in the center of the closet. She opted out on wearing one of his button up shirts, due to how comfortable it was, and how much Jacob loves seeing her in his clothes.

He just wouldn't be able to take his hands off her. It was kind of seductive to him, it turned him into a horny animal.

Teresa smiled at her description of Jacob, she knew he wasn't far from that.

Her eyes caught on something beside the wardrobe by her left side. Her brow arched at the sight of it. Teresa knew she shouldn't be snooping at something that wasn't hers, but she couldn't help herself. She moved close to catch a complete glimpse at what it was. 

A box.

Slowly she bent down pulling the medium sized box. Something told her to abandon the box and run far away, but she was far too curious to know what was inside. 

Deep down Teresa felt she was going to regret checking inside. Like they say; Curiosity kills the cat.

Pushing the cover of the box open, she chuckled at what was inside it. 

Toys.

A particular toy stood out, on it was written J.S, in which Teresa could guess it meant Jacob Snow. 

They were Jacob's Toy of childhood. She didn't know Jacob during his smaller year of when he used toys, only the year he happened to begin growing out of it.

She picked out some toys one by one, checking them out while picturing Jacob with them.

Teresa stopped at the sight of something not too far from underneath the box. She picked it up to read what was written on it, though she found it hard in doing so, because it was written by a little child. 

She tried picking out some words;

Bet

Whoeva maryes Terisa will win ten million money.

Whoeva luses payies duble.

Gideon.                                           Jacob.

A contract?

Teresa froze as she understood some part of the word. Doubt crawled through her body. They wouldn't do that to her. Gideon and Jacob wouldn't do that to her right?

It was probably something that had happened between them during childhood. But somehow the thought of that didn't settle well with her.

They had bet on her attention during childhood?

Teresa prayed it was just a prank or something that had totally been forgotten or invalid. But her fear increased at the sight of a signature at the bottom of the paper. It was evidence it was signed by a grown up.

Both Snow brother's wouldn't do this to her. Deep down she said those silent prayers.

"Teresa!" The sound of hearing her name being called made her quickly return everything back into the box, before placing it back where she saw it.

She took a moment to compose herself. She wasn't going to do anything irrational. She was going to meet up with Gideon tomorrow, and confirm the truth from him first, before confronting Jacob.