Chapter 5: A Hangover and an Asshole

Start from the beginning

No wonder the taller was so upset last night.

Sans sighed, walking over to sit down beside the other. He gently leaned his back against Boss' side, hoping that he found it comforting.

This was usually what Sans did when his brother was like this. He was unsure if it was effective but there were no complaints yet.

Papyrus lay on the couch, his arm lazily sprawled over his face. He seriously was never drinking again... Even though that's what he said last time he got himself into this predicament.

"How come we're not at work?" Sans asked, sitting in front of the coffee table with a bottle of mustard in his hands.

Papyrus peered out from under his arm replying, "We're on vacation for the next couple of days."

Sans jumped at that. "We are!?"

"Yeah. Something like that." Boss whispered.

Sans made an excited noise. "Are we going anywhere?"

"Huh?"

"You know! Vacation. You usually go somewhere for those, don't ya?"

Boss exhaled. This was going to be a looong suspension.

"To tell you the truth Sans. I'm actually the one that's on vacation. Not you. So go to work."

Sans eyes widened, "What!?"

"Yep, and you're already..." He trailed off as he checked the time. "It's 8:00. You're three hours late. Better get to your station before Undyne shows up here."

Sans jumped up; mustard forgotten as he rushed upstairs.

"Boss why didn't you tell me!? I'm gonna get in trouble!"

Papyrus chuckled tiredly to himself, "You should be fine. No one goes out that far to check on subordinates besides me."

There was a silent pause as if the smaller was considering what his brother had said.

"But if you're on vacation, they'll send somebody else!" Sans yelled from his room. Loud bangs and bonks from stuff being thrown around and knocked over followed.

For crying out loud.

"Sans! Stop throwing stuff and calm down!"

Sans suddenly teleported in front of him, breathing heavily. The action startled Papyrus.

"Shit don't do that!" He yelled, sitting up.

"I'll be back later, bye!" Sans quickly announced before disappearing again.

Papyrus sat there in silence before he frowned to himself. How come his threats couldn't get Sans to kick it in high gear like that? He didn't think he'd ever seen the little fucker move so fast. Teleporting and shit just to get to work. Papyrus never thought he'd see the day.

So much for telling Sans he was joking.

He took this time to get up and go upstairs to his room, turning off the lights on the way.

Since he was on suspended leave, they would have to save everything. That meant living in the dark and using limited water. He was also going to have to ration their food and drinks.

Good thing he was planning on sleeping for the majority of the day. His hangover was still present, so he gladly welcomed the dark.

He changed into a pair of black sweatpants and a soft red t-shirt before he crawled into bed.

Doomfanger hissed him, protesting as she was moved over.

"Yeah yeah, spoiled thing. You can make room for me too." Papyrus complained back before covering himself with the comforter.