twenty three;

"And then he strikes!" [Name] lifted her arms, telling her friends how cool her brother is, "Damn, That's so cool!" Chao sighed, taking a bite of his food

"I'm pretty sure he's gonna win!" Chao nodded, "Your brother, defeating Cheng? Ha! Tell that to a chicken." Bolin smirked, [Name] crossed her legs and arms.

"Is that a bet?" Houyi smirked, looking at Bolin. "I bet twenty yuan, Dre's gonna win!" Huan replied, "Make that thirty!" Chao leaned towards the table with a smile, "Same with Chao!" Houyi nodded, "I'll bet fifty if he doesn't!" Nana jumped from her seat and agreed with Bolin, "Fine! After the tournament," [Name] smiled, confident that her brother will win the fight.

"Prepare your money guys, I'll win this bet!" Bolin crossed his arms confidently, "I'm not that selfish so once you guys pay up, Dumplings are on me!" He pointed to himself. Though, Bolin can be competitive, he was kind and generous.

"Better keep that promise, boy!" [Name] laughed along with everyone else, "Anways, I'm off." Nana frowned, "Where you going?" [Name] shrugged and grabbed her things, "I'm going to help my mom with a few things." With that, her friends bid her farewell.

It has been a few days since [Name] last saw Cheng, she was debating whether it was the right call or not.

[Name] looked at her feet, frowning to be walking alone. She passed the park, watching Harry playing with his friends. The girl would occasionally leap from brick to another, one place to another, oh! Has she leaped to the wrong place? it was hidden behind a large tree.

"Hey." A voice called, and let's not be cliché, We already know who this is. But maybe, just maybe, was it the right place?

"Yes?" She asked, surpised to see Cheng in front of her with a bouquet of flowers, gently pushing the bouquet towards [Name]' chest with a red face.

"What?" She gasped, inhaling the flowers' scent. What were the flowers you may ask? Gardenias. Now, I may not speak language of flowers but whence you look into the eyes of the ill-mannered boy.

Bashful (love)

"I uh...sorry." Cheng sighed, [Name] watch in awe. "I shouldn't have played with your feelings like that," The boy sighed, his face red and he's been fidgety a lot, tapping his shoes, scratching his head and even lightly swaying his body.

"What do you mean?" She asked mentioning to the flowers. The girl know what he meant by 'playing with feelings' but why with Gardenias?

"I've made up my mind. I've been hiding these feelings a secret, It's obvious, I know- We...both know." The boy pursed his lips, gently tracing his right hand and intertwined it with [Name]'s.

"Look, I-I'm not asking for your hand just yet but..." Could this be? A moment of truth. "My hands are not clean, and maybe they will never be, but I promise you; if you'd let me..." [Name]'s face brighten up, her shoulders quickly tensed up and her eyes widen at the boy, "Right, Would you let me court you?"

The girl turned pale, "Are you okay?" [Name] chuckled, nodded her head "I'm fine," Cheng tilted his head before pointing at the girl, "You look pale and I think you're gonna pass out." Again, she nodded.

"Yeah, You might wanna catch me." Cheng quickly placed his right hand on [Name]'s back, too gentle to place them on her waist, "Anytime." Cheng whispered.

"Well?" [Name] thought for a moment, "I think it's worth a try." Cheng chuckled, finally all the weight on the boy's shoulder disappeared. They were just kids, it'll be worth a try, I promise you that.

One day, he'll take her hand and place it in his. A silver, maybe a golden ring on both their ring fingers. Like the raindrop, a kiss after kiss.

"May I take you home?" He asked,

A few more chapters and this book will be finished!! ✨😌