IX.

Soulmate AU where everyone is born with a ring on their finger, the color of the ring indicates the emotion that your soulmate is going through. For example : red is anger, yellow is happy, blue is sad, love is purple, grey is fear, and green is envious or disgusted.

When you finally meet your soulmate the ring turns pink

And when they die, it turns black and falls off your finger, becoming dust

just imagine you in your bed staring at the ring, and all of a sudden it goes black. you turn on the light to make sure it's not actually black, but to your dismay it is.

You grieve for someone you haven't even met

------

"Steve says you need to hurry!" Erica tells all of you who are looking through all of Eddie's music collection for something of Nancy's liking for music.

"Yeah? No shit!" Dustin yells.

"We're trying," Max says, "we can't find anything!"

Robin just asks, "seriously, what is all this shit?"

"What are you even looking for?" Eddie questions back.

"Madonna, Blondie, Bowie, Beatles?" Robin counts off, "music! We need music!"

"I mean-" You began as Eddie continues.

Eddie picks up an Iron Maiden cassette and yells, "THIS IS MUSIC!"

Suddenly Nancy comes back without needing music! 

"Guys!"

You all run back to see Nancy in Steve's arms, "she's back! She's okay!"

You all were relieved.

------

Nancy sat as she explained what Vecna showed her, "he showed me things that haven't happened yet," she went further into explanation, "the most awful things, I saw a dark cloud spreading over Hawkins. Downtown on fire. And this giant creature with... A gaping mouth and this creature wasn't alone. There were so many monsters. An army. And they were coming into Hawkins; into our neighborhoods, our homes, and then he showed me my mom, and Holly, Mike... And they... They were all..." She couldn't say it.

"Okay, but..." Steve spoke up, "he's just trying to scare you, Nance, right I mean, it's not real."

"Not yet."

"Not yet?" You asked.

"There was something else," Nancy admitted, "he showed me gates, four gates, spreading across Hawkins. And these gates, they looked like the one outside of Eddie's trailer but... They didn't stop growing and this wasn't the Upside Down Hawkins. This was our Hawkins; our home."

"Four chimes," Max realized as the group including you looked at her, "Vecna's clock; it always chimes four times. Four exactly. He's been telling us his plan all along."

"I heard it too," Nancy admits. 

"Four kills... Four gates. End of the world."

"If that's true, he's only one kill away," Dustin says. 

You then thought about the Upside Down... You heard a chime of a clock, you know you did, "wait, do Vecna's victims hear said clock?" you ask realizing you may be that one kill away.

They all looked at you as Eddie looked worried, "you heard it? Have you had headaches? Nosebleeds? Nightmares?" Max listed off the symptoms.

You nodded to each one, "yes, yes, and yes," you got worried as you stood up, "whoa, wait am I in danger?"