III.

Soulmate AU where everyone is born with a ring on their finger, the color of the ring indicates the emotion that your soulmate is going through. For example : red is anger, yellow is happy, blue is sad, love is purple, grey is fear, and green is envious or disgusted.

When you finally meet your soulmate the ring turns pink

And when they die, it turns black and falls off your finger, becoming dust

just imagine you in your bed staring at the ring, and all of a sudden it goes black. you turn on the light to make sure it's not actually black, but to your dismay it is.

You grieve for someone you haven't even met

------

It was a dreadful day.

It was your birthday.

Something you never looked forward to, especially now without the friends you had for years but now you have Eddie which does kind of make up for some of it but still.

You woke up with mom at work but you could hear someone in the kitchen which confused you.

You stood up as you didn't bother getting dressed from your pjs, you just wandered into the kitchen to see your grandma and Eddie both in the kitchen making food! 

"Grams? Eds?" You asked in shock, more shocked by seeing your grandma, it's been a minute considering she lives a good few towns away.

Your grandma turned and smiled, "my darling," she pulled you into a hug and kissed your cheeks, "you look lovely, and I met your boyfriend," she gestured to Eddie.

"I'm not her boyfriend-"

"He's not my boyfriend-"

"Yes, yes, yes, he tried explaining the slow timing of your relationship but he also told me the details," the smile gave it away as you knew what was coming, "your soulmates, dear, you belong together."

"Grams, you never found your soulmate," you pointed out.

"I tried but I was never lucky enough, but you have, don't waste it," she tried to advise you, you grabbed some Tylenol as you felt a bad headache coming on; you took two before she then finished cooking and set the food on a plate, handing the food to Eddie who walked over to you.

Eddie smiled at you his ring purple as you noticed your purple ring as you smiled at him, "food for my sweetheart-"

"I-"

You just gave a look at your grandma who just smiled and did a zipping gesture to her mouth, "thank you guys, tell me I'm not the only one eating at this birthday breakfast?" you asked.

"Nope," Eddie grabbed his plate and sat right next to you.

"You don't think we're starving too?" Grams asked as she sat next to Eddie.

You just smiled at both of them, this is already making a dreadful event much happier.

After breakfast, Eddie brought something out of his van as he made you cover your eyes before he told you to uncover them which you did, and saw a present in his hand wrapped in the most Eddie Munson way ever with a messy bow on top.

"Go ahead," he urged.

"Right now?" You asked.

He nodded, "I wanted to see it just us," he said.

You opened his gift to see a leather product; you pulled it out to see a leather jacket, you smiled widely at him as he smiled back, "I love it! Ah," you screamed as you put it on, it fit like you were born for it, "how do I look?"