VII.

Soulmate AU where everyone is born with a ring on their finger, the color of the ring indicates the emotion that your soulmate is going through. For example : red is anger, yellow is happy, blue is sad, love is purple, grey is fear, and green is envious or disgusted.

When you finally meet your soulmate the ring turns pink

And when they die, it turns black and falls off your finger, becoming dust

just imagine you in your bed staring at the ring, and all of a sudden it goes black. you turn on the light to make sure it's not actually black, but to your dismay it is.

You grieve for someone you haven't even met

------

"So..." Dustin just looked at you two and your hands, your rings were purple, even after everything you two endured and were told, "you two seem chummy," he said as if hinting at something.

"Is that supposed to mean something, hmm, Henderson?" Eddie asked.

Dustin just smiled and shook his head, "no, no, I'm just curious-"

"Curious?" You asked.

"Aren't you two soulmates?" Steve asked as you looked at him, "sorry, I just heard from-" he glanced at Dustin who shook his head at him, "from school..."

"Does everyone know, Henderson?" You asked the kid.

"Not everyone!" Henderson says in a high-pitched voice, "and plus, it is not my fault, Eddie just talks about you a lot-" Eddie gave him a look as he stumbled over his words, "I mean he, um, he, uh-" Eddie made a cut it out gesture as you looked at him making try to look innocent, "I'm just a notorious gossiper, right Steve?"

"Right!" Steve agrees, "the kid never stops talking."

You just smiled glancing at Eddie, so he talks about you a lot is what you got out of this, you just squeezed his hand before continuing to follow Dustin.

------

After a bit of following Dustin he finally noticed something happening with his compass, "something's happening," he said as he began to speed up.

"Dustin? Can you slow down?" Eddie tried to call out to him but he wasn't listening, "Dustin!"

"Henderson?" You called too as you all followed.

"I think we're getting close-" Eddie grabbed Dustin just as he was about to step into the lake that Eddie and you had just got out of...

"Nice catch," you commented.

Eddie just grinned, "thanks, and watch your step, big guy."

"Oh man, you gotta be shitting me," Steve said as he looked at the lake.

"Yeah, I thought these woods were familiar," Eddie stated.

"Lover's Lake," Robin says.

Dustin realizes, "this is confounding."

"There's a gate in Lover's Lake?" Max asked.

"How? Unless..." You thought of Patrick's death, the way he lifted in the air, and how his bones cracked...

"Whenever the Demogorgon attacked, it always left an opening, maybe Vecna's the same way," Nancy theorized.

Steve nodded, "yeah, only one way to find out."

You guys lead them to the boat as you pulled it where you needed it, "easy-" Eddie plopped it right into the water completely uneasy like, "I... I said easy, man."