II.

Soulmate AU where everyone is born with a ring on their finger, the color of the ring indicates the emotion that your soulmate is going through. For example : red is anger, yellow is happy, blue is sad, love is purple, grey is fear, and green is envious or disgusted.

When you finally meet your soulmate the ring turns pink

And when they die, it turns black and falls off your finger, becoming dust

just imagine you in your bed staring at the ring, and all of a sudden it goes black. you turn on the light to make sure it's not actually black, but to your dismay it is.

You grieve for someone you haven't even met

------

You were reading in the library when you had a run-in with some old friends.

When you saw them, your ring turned red as Eddie who was by the lockers in the hallway noticed his ring and immediately looked around for you.

"Look who it is," your first friend says, the one you weren't as hurt by when you lost them since you saw that one coming but the person next to them...

He was your best friend and he betrayed you, "Y/N..."

You tried not to visibly seethe as you gathered your things, "excuse me," but they stopped you.

"I heard you joined a cult," your old friend said.

"The hellfire club is not a cult!" You defended.

Your old best friend tilted his head, "what about your new best friend? That freak; Eddie?"

You put your arms up as you asked, "and what were we? We weren't special or popular."

"No, but we are happier without you-" Just as your ring turned blue...

Eddie walked up behind them speaking up, "hey bitches, might wanna fuck off? Okay? Or the word freak will have a new meaning for me," he threatened, only thinking about his soulmate; only thinking about you.

They both looked at each other as they scurried away, you felt tears fall but you looked away to wipe them away, "you didn't have to do that..."

"I did, they were being horrible to you, and I just got here, I can only imagine what they said in full," Eddie told you, then he noticed his ring was blue, "are you okay?"

"Not really..."

Eddie just pulled you into a hug, "it'll be okay, sweetheart, you don't need them. I hope I've helped prove that over these last few weeks?"

"You have," you nodded wiping your tears away that were falling, "you help me be me again and that's hard for me to do honestly... Ever since I've lost so many..." You shook your head, "pillars..."

"Hey," he said as he grabbed her hand, "these rings... We don't ever bring them up but I want to remind you, they do mean something," he smiled, "I will always be here for you no matter what."

You smiled, "I'm glad... I have you as my soulmate Eddie," you admitted.

Eddie smiled back, "I am very much glad you are my soulmate as well, Y/N."

------

It was the end of the school day as you stood next to Eddie's locker talking to him, "so... I had something finally made for you," he pulled out a hellfire t-shirt that was your size.

You smiled widely taking it, "this is hardcore, thank you, Eds!"

"Eds?" He asked with a smile.

"I thought I'd try it out," you shrugged, "did you... Like it?"