Chapter Nineteen- Exercise Freedom

Start from the beginning

Almost.

Dad turned around and found me. "Hey sweetie, do you wanna watch tv with us?"

"No." I said shortly. "Just came down to tell you I'm off to bed. I'll see you guys in the morning."

I turned to leave but mom's voice stopped me. "Allyson come here. Your dad and I need to talk to you."

Begrudgingly, I stalked into the living room. I plopped down on a lounge chair and glared at my parents. "What could you guys possibly want to talk about? Are you going to tell me that not only am I grounded, but you're also taking away my right to socialize with society?"

"Don't be dramatic Allyson." Mom sighed, "We just want you to know that no matter what we do-"

"We do because we love you." Dad cut in.

"That's right." Mom agreed, "You've been acting out lately and it's so unlike you."

"I blame that boy Mason. He's a bad influence and you're not allowed to see him anymore!" Dad began to raise his voice.

Trust me, I never want to see him again either. No problem daddy-o. "Okay." I nodded, "Is that it?"

"We love you." Mom said as she got up and embraced me. Dad followed and placed a quick kiss on my temple.

"I love you guys too." I mumbled before I went to my room.

I crept up the stairs and waited until I heard the tv play again. Quietly, I made my way to my room and prepared for the evening of debauchery.

A text from Brie came through, Down the street waiting. Are you coming??

I rolled my eyes at her impatience. I stuffed my bed with pillows so it would look like I was asleep. Then I ripped off my evening robe to reveal a tight black skirt and a 'Misfit Strips' crop top.

Being extra careful in my slippery converses, I climbed down the tree next to my window. I ducked down and ran through my yard, because I knew mom and dad had bay windows in the living room.

Finally I reached Brie's car. "Took you long enough." She scoffed.

"Hey-hey-hey! I didn't give you heat that time you had the craps when you ate that bad burrito at sea world and you made us miss the free willy show." I shot back.

"You swore you'd never speak of it!"

I waved her off, "Point being, there's a party and we're missing out. Now drive muchacha!"

"You're not even Mexican!" Brie rolled her eyes.

"That bad burrito was." I snickered before the car lurched forward, and we were party bound.

***

"Never have I ever drowned just so a hot lifeguard could save me." A girl in my government class slurred.

All the guys and a couple girls took a drink. I smiled lazily and watched as some of the guys were fumbling with their cups. Yep, this was high school.

Great parties, drunk teenagers, and...well more drunk teenagers.

"Hey I'm glad you could make it." Grayson said settling in the seat next to mine.

"I needed a night out. Where's Moseley?" I asked craning my neck in search of her.

"We kind of had a fight." He smiled weakly.

"What did you do!" I glared at him.

"Why am I the bad guy?" He asked his eyes widening.

"Because you're a man, and men are awful awful people." I reasoned.

"I love Moseley, but I can't meet her expectations." He began to confess, "I try to be one person, but she doesn't like it. So I try to make her happy and nothing works. I don't see how I spent so long with her."

"What set her off the edge this time?" I asked leaning closer so I could hear him better.

The music was up way too high and I'm sure people from three blocks away could clearly hear Jay-Z rap about the hard knock life.

"She heard about you coming to the party." He said. I shifted away from him in my seat. This was my fault, but I could fix this, really I could.

"I could talk to her. I'll just tell her that she has nothing to be worried about and this-"I began to rant before Grayson pressed his lips against mine.

Shocked, was my initial reaction. But his lips were doing an amazing job so I didn't immediately pull back. It wasn't until my good ole conscience pulled me back into reality with-

"HE HAS A GIRLFRIEND YOU TRAINWRECK!"

"She kind of does have something to worry about." He whispered against my lips.

"Grayson." I breathed before I fully came back and slapped him. "You have a girlfriend!"

"I know....I know." He said more to himself.

"It's okay." I mumbled, "We can forget it happened. I-I'm just gonna head home."

From the corner of my eye I caught Moseley. She had seen the whole thing, I'm sure of it. Before I could react she threw her cup of beer all over me.

"You slut!" She screeched before running off.

Grayson was quick in chasing after her. He gave me a backwards glance and looked sorry. I told him to go after her. The whole thing caused a scene and I wasn't surprised at the audience that gathered.

Embarrassed, I ducked my head and sped walked outta there. However, someone grabbed my arm to stop me. And wouldn't it be my luck that it was Mason himself.

He looked good, that much I'll admit. I've successfully avoided him since our trip.

He was wearing a grey v-neck and dark fit denim jeans. His hair was hidden behind a beanie and his usual smirk was replaced with a frown.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

My heart lurched forward, he sounds like he cares. But as much as I wanted to leap into his arms and tell him no. To cry into his chest and say I haven't been fine since I left the trip early, I knew I couldn't.

The image of him and that disney character kept my feelings at bay. We weren't even together and he was quick to dump me like last nights one night stand. As much as I wanted to just live and forget, I knew I couldn't.

He was still Man whore Mason. Point blank.

"I'm fine." I said void of any emotion. Mason smirked as if he saw right through me. And I bet, he could.

"You're lying. I saw what happened." He said as he leaned over a doorframe with ease.

"I'm still walking aren't I? I'm fine, now leave me alone Reynolds." I growled shoving him out of the way but to no avail. He grabbed me by the waist.

"You're not fine. Now who's fault is that?" He hissed in my face.

Yours, it's your fault why i'm not fine!, I thought to myself.

"It's your fault." He said to me . "You're being a major whore kissing other guys with girlfriends. Kind of glad I dodged that bullet." He raised his eyebrow. My eyes watered but I refused to cry- at least not in front of him.

"Get. The. Hell. Out. Of. My. Way." I ground out shoving him with all my force.

I thought I was successful, but yet again- the annoying bastard prevailed. "Listen I didn't mean what I said back there." He said and by the way his eyes read, he was sincerely sorry.

"Mason I can't keep going in circles with you." I said and the worst possible thing happened. I started crying. "I want you, and then I don't! I can't see black and white with you, it's all grey. There's no right or wrong because it's just you! I'm trying to figure this out on my own but damn it I'm hopeless!"

I stared in shock as he didn't do anything. Maybe I broke him?

"Ally I love you." Mason said his eyes burning into me.