Chapter 11

After we made our way to the bathrooms, we went into different stalls and got out of the freezing wet clothing.

"God.. I hate water." I said while shivering from the cold. "You and me both." Haru said in response.

I rung out the sleeves of my sweater that were soaked, and threw my dress on the top of the stall door, I'll do that next.

I checked my phone. "It's 7:16, you think our clothes'll be dry enough before the sun goes down?" I asked.

"I'd hope so, but the sun was already going down when that little... confrontation happened, I doubt it." Haru responded. That's when I remembered the curfew. 8 pm... My clothes have to be dry enough before that, and I have to get all the way to the other side of the school grounds before then.

I also need to take get my medicine...

"Hopefully I don't get in trouble on my first day." I whispered but of course Haru heard it. "That'd make me feel even worse if I'm honest."

"You don't have to feel bad for anything, I'm the one who decided to speak after all..." She sighed. "If you say so... Hey I have a question."

"Ask away." I said while resorting to try the toilet paper next to me to try and quicken the drying process. " Mizuchi said you were a hybrid. Was that true?"

I halted in my movements and was silent for a couple seconds. and did an awkward cough "Yeah..." I said in a softer tone. "Hey, why'd you get quiet, it's not like I couldn't tell." She said while laughing.

"How'd you know?" I said. "Well, for one, you have horns, and your ears are pretty similar to a rabbit's... I'd know." I snickered at her bluntness. It is pretty obvious when you look at me. "Okay yeah, fair enough... So you don't mind?"

"Nope. I don't see much wrong with it. You're the first hybrid I've met, so I didn't have any opinions about them before, but after meeting you, I doubt they're all those dumb characters we see on TV, you're pretty nice to be around, in my opinion."

I smiled to myself. Hopefully more people will feel the same way some day...

~~~

Haru POV

"Okay, I think my clothes are dry enough, are yours good?" I asked. "Yup. I should be fine." June said in response

I slipped back on my dress. Still pretty damp, but not terrible... I checked my phone.

'7:39'

I'm sure we'll make it to our dorms in time, 21 minutes is more than enough time as long as we're quick and don't get caught.

I stepped out of the stall and walked over to the sink of the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror.

All the guys takes one look at me, and tell me they want to protect me, to be by my side... Like annoying pests. When they realize they're fairytale fantasy was wrong, they just run away.

I've lived my life as a plaything for all kinds of guys. I guess it doesn't really matter. At least people like Juniper exist, someone who doesn't just see me as a small thing to protect, someone who just treats me normally, someone who can understand and doesn't. It's... refreshing I guess.

"Okay, I should be ready." She said, watched her door open through the mirror, and turned around.

I nodded. "Let's get going then."

~~~

Juniper POV

We walked out of the building and both collectively sighed. The sun is down. At least I have okay night vision... It must be harder for Haru.