Chapter 2

Okay...

I give up. Either I'm blind, or I'm dumb..... Or kinda lazy, that is also a possibility, actually that's just kinda true- I'M GETTING OFF TRACK.

I CAN NOT FIND THIS FUCKING ROOM.

I've been walking around for like, 20 minutes now. Now, I'm just sitting on the floor, against a window.

At this point I'm just getting annoyed. How have I not seen it yet?! I mean come on, I-

"You look pathetic right now, you know."

I heard an unfamiliar voice say to me. I looked up and around. I saw a big male red deer. Pretty cool antlers too.

"You've been walking around in circles for at least 20 minutes now." He said with a cold look. I sweat dropped as he looked me up and down. I feel like he's judging literally everything about my existence.

"Who are you... What are you?" I just awkwardly looked at him, what I was supposed to say.

"You have canine-like facial features and head shape, but rabbit-like ears, horns, and a sheep-like tail, but sharp carnivores like claws.... What are you exactly?"

"Well that's a little rude. Don't you think so?" I mumbled as I looked away. I could still feel his stare. I awkwardly looked at him and backed down at the ground. His eyes looked familiar to me. I don't know why.

"WhAt ArE YoU?1! I mean, it's a kinda weird thing to ask a person, right?" I said.

"That didn't answer the question."

"I don't need to answer. Why were you following me around, for 20 minutes no less. You've been walking in circles too, so hah." I said as I stood up, obviously nervous, and shaking just a tiny bit, but trying to seem cool or something, this guy has such an intimidating aura about him. "...That isn't the point, I was curious. I've never seen an animal like you before. Now answer."

Should I just say it? I'm sure people would find out soon enough anyways that I transferred here. News spreads fast when your parents are famous I guess. Mom's been trying to keep it under wraps, but I honestly don't care at the moment, I just wanna go find my dorm.

"Well... If you really gotta know... I'm a hybrid." His eyes widened for a split second, but returned to normal.

"I'm a hybrid of an Icelandic Sheep, Gray fox, that's my mom. Plus a Western Coyote, and a Holland Lop Rabbit, that's my father... 2 carnivores, and 2 herbivores. Kinda cool huh? So What am I really? Good question, I don't know. Cool? Cool." I said quickly in a straightforward voice as I scratched the back of my neck, a habit that shows my awkward nervousness..

'Okay, that might have been a bit too much info, shush.'

"So, in exchange for that, can I ask.... Where is the headmaster's office?" I asked. He stared, well more like glared at me for a couple seconds.

'God, he literally looks like me like I'm a bug...'

"You're bad at pretending." He said while looking away. "Thanks, no shit Sherlock..." I mumbled.

"What was that?" He asked, he 100% heard me, I saw his ears move when I said it. "Nothing, nothing, I'm offended though, this is how I always act, I don't know what you mean. BUT, for the millionth time already, just please help me, I told you some unneeded information about my personal life, now in return, just point me in the right direction to the office, I'm already pretty late as it is for my first day." I said while pretending to look at the time.

He stared at me, like he was surprised at the way I was talking to him. "Also stop staring at me. I hate when people look at me, I know I'm weird looking and kinda shocking or whatever to some people bu-" He cut me off.

"Down the hall, take a left, should be the 3rd door. You kept missing it because the nameplate on the door was gone." He cut me off.

'So I wasn't the dumb one! The door was missing the name thing!' I facepalmed. "So you just watched me as I just kept going in circles huh, must've been funny for you, but my legs hurt so much right now.. Thanks though... I think? Not really.... But thanks? Ah never mind."

I said as I picked up my things again, still, I could feel his eyes on me though. "Okay..... bye now."

I said as I sped walked away as fast I could while trying to look like a normal calm and composed person... Hopefully it's convincing enough. I think it was?

~~~

??? POV

'What a weird girl'

I thought while watching the girl leave, she even managed to look awkward while doing that. I sighed and walked away as well..

Why did I follow her though, I could have just gone about my business.

How strange though, the child of 2 hybrid animals... And an interesting character... Not many people have the guts to speak to me like that. As I turned the corner, I started thinking...

Now that I think about it, the way she acted, it reminded me of someone from my childhood... A girl I used to know. She was the daughter of one my father's business partners, so she visited often with her mother. She was a hybrid as well, and an annoying one at that if I remember correctly. Always following me like a dog begging for attention.

She acts just as awkward as her. Funny, I almost completely forgot about her before this.

I ignored that though and continued walking. I need to get to drama club, we need as much practice as possible for this upcoming performance. It's important that this goes off without a hitch.

I shouldn't waste time with strangers like this.

~~~

(Word Count: 995)