Chapter 8

Sorry It's been so long besties, all I can say is school's a bitch, and I wish I could drop out tbh, I mean, I won't... but like why does highschool need to exist? 🏃🏽‍♀️✨

~~

As I walked to the dorm building, I started reading the paper. I mean, after reading that title, how could I just ignore something like that?

I quite literally just got to this school and now I'm finding out that there's a fucking murderer here.

STUDENT DEVOURED ON SCHOOL GROUNDS!

'Last week on May 13th, Tem _____, a second year from the drama club was discovered dead in lecture hall 2. The cause of death was ruled to be a devouring. (I just realized that nobody in this anime has canon last names aside from my oc... huh.)

There are currently no leads, but the authorities are currently investigating the school. If you have any leads, please contact these authorities as quickly as possible.

Because of this recent event, there new adjustments to the current curfew that everyone must follow and adjust to for their safety, and the safety of others.

blah blah blah...

Every student on school grounds must be in their dorms by 8pm. Any later will result in during school detention. You will only be permitted outside of the dormitories passed that time for emergencies that are authorized by school authority.'

"Devoured..." I whispered, just taking in all this new information. I felt my heart speed up a tiny bit, and hair rise on my bandaged arms.

I may not be a full herbivore, but I guess I have those instincts as well, when I saw that word 'Devoured', I immediately felt like running away and never coming back. In a way, they slipped out a little because I started walking way faster after that.

I fought for this, to go to an actual school, to feel normal, I'm not just gonna leave the first day, that's makes all convincing I had to do with mom worth nothing at all.

'Just leave, it isn't worth it if you're gonna die in the end!'

I'm not gonna die. Stop overreacting...

'Why did you think you were ready for something like this?'

Kindly, shut up.

"You're small and alone, no matter what, you're always going to be seen as prey to everybody around you. Just like mom always said."

Okay, that one felt a little more personal.

Hundreds of thoughts like this filled my brain. I shook my head and ignored those voices.. I'm fine, guess I got my answer to why everyone looked scared earlier. I know people were feeling just as uneasy as me, I just need to follow those rules and I'll be fine... Probably.

The rest of the walk was quiet except for the people speaking around me.

~~~

"Finally..." I sighed out.

I finally made it to my dorm. I set down my backpack in the shelf beside the entry way before walking into the dorm fully. I also took off my shoes and put them next to the door as well.

All of the boxes I couldn't unpack were stacked in the corner. I climbed up the ladder of my baren bed that only had a couple pillows on it and a sheet, and just plopped into it.

Look, I'm tired, I'm still gonna unpack, but school is tiring...

After a couple minutes of just laying face down in my bed, I felt my phone vibrate. I moved my head to the side and took my phone out of my pocket.