"She's right, you know." For the second time today, a person steps into our conversation, and for the second time today, it's Iris West. "Sorry, I couldn't help but listen in on your conversation. Believe me, I had no intention on staying after my thing with Barry. But Caitlin's right. I know we should all be out looking for my boyfriend but Barry is already out, and no offense but he could probably search the entire city twice before any of us get to our cars."

She did have a point, which made me frown.

"But I'd actually like to talk to you about something, Percy."

"Me?"

"Yeah, I mean, unless there's another Percy out there who'd like to reveal themselves, I'm talking about you."

"Oh, all right, then," I look back at Cisco and Caitlin who both shrug and I follow Iris out of the Cortex and into the hallway. "What's up."

"I'd like to interrogate you," she states, and I look at her with a half-open mouth.

"Interrogate?"

"Well, sorry, maybe not interrogate, more like interview."

"I'm sorta confused on why you want to interview me when your boyfriend is missing."

"Like I mentioned earlier, Barry can search faster then you can, and I'd like to learn more about you and Barry's abilities. I'm not stupid, I know now after everything that just happened that you're Riptide. It can't just be a coincidence that as soon as you arrived in Central City, we got a new superhero. And when you used your powers yesterday, it all clicked."

"No wonder you're a journalist," I sigh, and in response, Iris just laughs.

"You're silly. I bet a ten-year-old would've been able to figure it out," she says, punching my arm lightly.

I just cross my arms and roll my eyes at her, "Says the same woman who just found out her best friend was the Flash after months not knowing."

Iris's face drops, and she just gaps at me. "Okay, okay, fine, you got a point there, Percy. But will you do the interview?

For a moment, I hesitated. If Iris started asking questions about my powers and my past, what I say might not add up and she might figure something is up. But I already told Barry and the team a story about me being in a hotel pool when the accelerator exploded, I could just go with that and hope Iris doesn't let her curiosity get the best of her.

"Okay, I'll do it," I sigh, crossing my arms in front of my chest. I already regret my decision.

Iris squeals and hugs me, before she realizes she's hugging me and let's go and takes a few steps back. "Sorry, I just got excited. Now shall we find a room to sit and-"

"Ah, about that. Could we not sit down to do the interview? I focus better when I'm not sitting down. We could walk around S.T.A.R. Labs?"

"Oh, okay! That's fine as well. I've always wanted a tour of this place."

"Great! I'll be the best tour guide the world has even known!"

——

"You're not a really good tour guide by the way. That was very misleading," Iris frowns as she drags herself up the stairs.

"What are you talking about? I'm an awesome tour guide, it's not like we got lost three times or whatever," I chuckle but Iris just gives me a look that resembles a death stare.

"Well, I've barely asked you, like, any questions because every time I do, you just talk over me. It's making me think you're purposely delaying this, which would be funny. Now, can I finally do what I've been wanting to do for the past," she checks her phone. "Twenty minutes?"

"Okay, okay," I clench my teeth. I cant ignore her questions forever. I let out a dramatic breath and continue walking which was her indication to ask me questions.

"Great! You already told me how you became a metahuman, but how did you handle all the power? I mean, you obviously couldn't have learned to control the power by yourself."

"Mm, well, my parents and girlfriend knew, which was a big help, I suppose. They helped me keep the secret while I was still trying to learn how to manage it all."

"What made you realize you, like, actually had powers?"

"Oh, uh, one day, I was swimming, and I guess I just breathed in or whatever and just realized I could breathe underwater. After that, a bunch of weird things started happening."

She looks at me as if she has something to say but stays quiet.

"Oh, gee, look at that! Another room. I wonder what's in here," I open the door to find a broom closet. I close it quicker than I opened it and we begin to walk without another word.

As we're walking along the long corridor, something feels different. But I can't put my finger on what was wrong.

"Hey, where do these doors lead to?" Iris asks me in a low voice.

I perk up as I look to where she's pointing to, and I tilt my head at the door in question. "I actually don't know," I say. The air seemed still here. Something was wrong. Something inside of me was pulling me towards the doors. I take a step towards the doors before looking behind at Iris, "Um, stay here, I won't be long."

"Where do you think you're going? As my tour guide, I should be with you. Besides, I'm kinda curious," Iris smiles as she sets her hands on the door knob. But I block her before she could even twist them open.

"No, Iris. Something's wrong. I need you to call Barry and Joe, and I swear to gods, do not follow me," I give Iris a look in which she responds, "fine, fine."

She pulls out her phone and that's when I open the door. As I peered into the room, I noticed there was a long staircase that led down to pure darkness. I look back at Iris who's phone was up against her ear.

I slowly tiptoe down, trying to avoid the crooked nails in the wooden stairs.

Once I finally reach the final step, I was quite underwhelmed. It was just your average basement filled with boxes and shelves. But knowing everything I've been through, I learned that looks can be deceiving.

I quietly look at around, taking a peak behind every box, frowning every time I don't see any hints to tell me what's wrong. But I noticed heavy-looking metal door in the back. And something inside me told me whatever I was looking for was in there.

I raise an arm, prepared to summon water to aid me in a fight. I open the door, and it opens with a loud creak. I couldn't help my cringe at the thunderous noise.

I walk in, and I notice I'm in another large room. It smelled like blood and sweat in here, but I've been in worse places.

My eyes scan the room, and I gasp when I see what's lured me down here.

"Oh, gods," I mutter to myself.

——