"Like hungover and sleepy?" mocked Nate and Dwight smirked.

"Exactly. And I'm really tired, to be honest. I kinda wanna go home."

"There's no place like home." sighed Grayson in that tone and I knew he was challenging me with a movie quote again. This one was easy.

"The Wizard of Oz." I smiled proudly and he cursed slamming his palm on the table's surface, making it trembled and our bags and jackets on it as well.

I probably started this 'quarrel' when he kept quoting famous lines, as if it was part of his usual talking, and I keep locating them. Now he was set on catching me red handed, but somehow I keep proving him wrong. I was surprised myself, apparently I'd seen too much TV.

Stella smiled into her cup, but it was Nate's million watts smile what got my heart racing.

Dwight shook his head. "Anyway, as I was saying, I'm out. Anyone needs a ride?"

"I can't yet." Gray groaned finished his drink and stood as well, patting the table. "This time, it's personal."

Now he was being petty. "Jaws 4."

"Ha! There is no such thing!"

"Jaws: the revenge." I corrected with an eye-roll, and he fiddled with one of the darts.

"I'm gonna get you."

"Bring it." my cheeks heated when I realised we got all the attention of the group and cleared my throat, turning to Dwight. "Sorry. So you're leaving? Are you sure you don't want to stay? A bit?"

But he shook his head, stoic face completely unaltered. "I'm sorry." he shrugged on his jacket. "It was nice meeting you girls."

It didn't look like he meant that. From where I stand, whether Gray was nice and open to meet us, Dwight didn't seem to find us remotedly interesting.

"No problem, drive safe, okay?"

"I haven't drunk." Grayson nodded in response and I shared a look with Stella. I really didn't want to call it a night already. I was buzzing with adrenaline and good mood, still bloating at the amazing interview and high with the surprisingly fun time with both Stella and the guys. She smiled at me and lifted her glass back to her lips. "Nate?" wondered Dwight when he immediately didn't answer and I turned to look at him too.

My heart skipped a beat when Nate met my eyes, trying to seize my reaction? Wondering? I couldn't read that look, but guessing it was some kind of question I give him a shrug. After a second where the world seemed to slow, he finally broke eye contact and it was like I could breathe again as he turned to Gray and then to Dwight with a smile. "Nah, thanks. We'll stay a bit longer." and looked at me again. "Will we?"

He was asking me? Verbally now?

"Y-yeah," I forced through the startle. "I mean, Stella and I aren't going yet."

"We aren't?" she wondered, surprised, but nodded once meeting my eyes. "I mean, we aren't."

"Sounds like you got it all figured out." Dwight patted Nate's back and Grayson chuckled. "Be careful."

"You drive safe." said back Nate and I waved cheerful and awkwardly, earning another stern look.

Yeah, he didn't like me at all.

Did it make sense that I also noticed some undertone in their words? I wasn't sure if Nate had told them about us, about who I was or what role I played in his past, but they for sure gave me curious glances here and there.

"So," Stella cleared her throat when he finally left, sensing I was kinda intimidated by that look and I felt her hand on mine under the table, reassuring as she spoke looking at the guys. "Do you know one another for long?"