7.

Song: Bones - Imagine Dragons

........................................

Hailey

"Hey, Gracie!" Kimmy  took my arm and pulled me out the booth, startling both me and Andrew -who looked up at her, frowning a little. She smirked, unbothered. "You don't mind if I steal her, do you? Thanks!"

"Whoa." I allowed her to pull us further enough to be 'on our own' and I sent Andrew an apologetic look, but he shrugged, leaning against the back of the booth's bench and sipping on his cocktail. "Kimberly." I sighed shifting my attention back at her as she stopped and we stood under a column barely away for the busy dance floor. "We were kinda busy, you know?"

"Yeah, I know." she rolled her eyes, only audible over the music because we were so close. "I was just gonna let you know we're going. "

"Going?"

"Yeah, Riley wants to have alone time. And we don't really have much of it lately, so we're going." she eyes me carefully. "Is that right?"

I blinked. "You're asking me?"

"You're the one staying with Mr Touchy you barely know. Eli is around still, and Riley's friend's too. I can tell them to check on you."

"It's okay." I reassured, moved, but ashamed she was acting like I was a toddler they need to take care. "I don't think I'm staying much longer either way. I have work tomorrow." which was true, but also the excuse I would give if I feel like I had enough. I didn't mind skipping some sleep if the time was worth it.

But was it with Andrew? I was yet to decide.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Sure sure?"

I smiled. "Are you sure?"

"No." she deadpanned. "I don't like him."

"You don't like anyone I like."

Her eyes narrowed beyond my shoulder. "That's categorically not true. I like them when they're not dicks." and there it was again. My heart dipped thinking about our earlier interaction and almost as if reading my mind, her brows pursed and she looked back at me. "Speaking of which, what the hell?"

"What hell?" I countered, unable to follow where her mind was going at the moment. Or maybe I just didn't want to.

She gave me a flat look. "You all snappy at Nate. Now that was intense."

And we were talking about it. I could feel my fingers twitching as I control my stupid, impulsive reactions whenever Nate was around. Or mentioned.