Berlin pt.3

At 7.30 my alarm clock rings. The band members have their first interview at 9, but i have to meet the taylor for my dress also at 9, because they have to take my measurements. 

Marta called me an uber which takes me to a little tailor's shop on the other side of Berlin, which calmes me. Far away from my old home. Very unlikely to meet someone there.

As my uber arrives, i step out of the car and enter the small shop called "Mika'pparel". It all looks very glamorous inside. 

"Ah, you must be Coraline!" A young woman with long blonde hair and a black skirt shakes my hand. "I'm Mika", she says. 

"Hi, yes, I'm Coraline. I love your shops name, it's so creative", I say. "Where do you come from?"

"Well, thank you so much! I am from Finnland travel with my Pop-up-store around Europe at the moment. When the manager of Maneskin called me for the first time, which was for the Eurovision Song Contest costumes, I was totally overwhelmed!"

"Yeah me too", I say, which is true, it just happened under different conditiones. "But big props to you, for the amazing costumes at Eurovision",

"Thank you so much! So ... here is the plan. We will take your measurements, then you will look at a few drafts, and then damiano comes over too and you will choose together the final dress."

Oh of course he is coming over too. And I thought i would get some alone time.

We start measuring my body, which feels familiar, but uncomfortable at the same time. Mika doesn't say the numbers out loud, which makes it a bit easier. I can only see her serious expression. But she doesn't say anything. She doesn't need to. I know exactly what she thinks.  And I think she knows that I know. 

After that she hands me a folder with a dozen of ballet costume drafts. 

"Damiano told me that you should tell me which dresses feel good to dance in."

20 minutes later, I chose a pancake tutu (left), a normal knee length dress (right), and my favourite, a frayed dress (middle).

While we are waiting for Damiano we just talk about random stuff. Mika will be present when we shoot the video too, because she makes sure my dress is on the right place and looks good in the video. 

We decide that we will leave the hair and the makeup to the team and Damiano, since he will be considered as the producer of the video. 

"I'm sorry for being late", I hear Damiano yelling from the hallway. Mika jumps up and hugs him. I don't stand up, because I feel a little dizzy. I remember I haven't eaten yet. He just gives me a side hug from above.

"How was the interview?", I ask to overcome the quietness. "It was okay, you know the basic questions like 'when can we expect new music' etc. It was just very stressful."

"Come on, sit down", I say with a softer voice than i wanted to. But he really looks stressed.

"So Damiano, what do you think of the dresses Coraline chose?", Mika says with a huge smile on her face. 

He sits down next to me and takes a look at my choices. His gaze is serious 

"The left one is to basic classical ballet and stuff. Not to be disrespectful, it's just not what i imagined. The right one is a little too ordinary, but I love the one in the middle. Mika, could you make it black? And maybe some fake cristal and stuff?"

"Oh yes, sure, of course, I can do that. You know I'd do anything for you guys. I love your work", Mika says energeticly. I can see when someone has a crush on somebody. And those eyes speak for themselves.

"Coraline what do you think of that?" he asks and looks at me. I can see him getting uncomfortable. 

I try not to laugh. "Yes, I'd love that"

Mika takes down her notes and hugs us both. "If you want to stay we can order some fo-"

"I don-", Damiano starts to cut Mika off.

"The uber just texted me, it's waiting at the roundabout, hurry", I cut him off and pull him at his elbow. He immediately follows.

"But the roundabout is 5 minutes away", Mika says who follows us to the door.

"Yes we know, but it's easier for the driver and we'd like to catch some air, bye!", I say with a smile and we leave.

Damiano just exhales while we walk.

"Marta will pick us up around the corner in 10 minutes", I say looking at the street.

"What? I thought-"

"You looked really uncomfortable in there. You are  always talking, but of course, in moments like that you can't" I laugh. 

"Thank you. I just don't want to be mean you know. She is disappointed enough that she won't make my and the others band members outfits for the shoot. She acted normal when she measured you?"

"Yes, she wasn't so energetic without you. Why doesn't she make your costumes too? She is amazing at tayloring."

Damiano looks away from me. "She just was a little too touchy with me if you know what I mean."

"What? I mean she acted completely professional with me. But why do you even let her make the costume then? This is unacceptable."

"I know but she is the best. She is a little annoying, but at least she follows my exact instructions. But I'm glad she behaved today."

"Yes, until you stepped in" I start to laugh and so does he. As Marta parks next to us, we step inside.

------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, I'm back!

How do you like the story? 

I know it's a slow burn, but I warned you before :)

I hope to update more often now

yours,

Meli