chapter 24 • he didn't want her to go. she was funny, and had a nice smile

Začít od začátku

"you should've continued with your skin routine so you wouldn't be disheveled." i said.

well, it's what i would of said, if i was able to speak to colby without thinking about the fact that i had wanted to kiss him.

"i just miss my little colbs, with his cute little boy stink, and his ability to chew solid foods. i don't think i can blend him another meal." eva complained.

i gagged, standing up. "i think i'm gonna vomit."

vic sat in my seat, and i stood over the sink.

"this turkey burger is delicious, mom." colby moved the cup around.

the thick grey slosh inside the cup slightly moved.

ew.

oh my god.

"look, fixing broken shapeshifters is new territory for me, so if i'm taking longer than usual, it's just because i don't want to get it wrong. again." vic frowned.

"don't worry, we know you'll bring our boy back. right, colbs?"

colby was fast asleep.

i turned back, taking a sip of water.

"oh great, he's nodded off again. okay, come on, buddy." eva shook him. "napping on a full stomach is gonna bring on the old mantudes."

suddenly, colby shapeshifters back into his normal self.

his hair stuck out from under his beanie, and he looked so stupid.

i want to kiss him again.

"colby? oh, colby! i fixed him!" eva squeezed him tightly. "all that work and all it took was a firm wiggle!"

"yes, i'm me again!" colby cheered. "and i'm not saggy anymore!"

i said nothing, staring at him.

vic stood up. "our boy is back, finally! no more having pretend i'm this close to fixing him! i don't have to do anymore work!"

suddenly, colby transformed into an old man.

nevermind, i don't wanna kiss him.

nevermind, he's himself again!

nevermind for the fucking last time, he's old again.

vic opened the lair door "and i spoke too soon."

i stared at colby, lost in thought.

"cherry? just because that firm wiggle worked doesn't mean a firm punch to the face will." eva said, patting me on the shoulder.

"yeah. yeah, no i'm good." i nodded.

i took a seat.

"are you okay?" she asked.

"fine." i nodded, grabbing a piece of gum from my purse.

"do you carry that thing everywhere?" eva asked, taking another sip of her drink.

i shrugged.

suddenly, vic appeared from behind the door and took us all down to the lair.

colby's shapeshifting glitched once more, and he was himself again.

he opened his arms for a hug, staring straight at me.

"i am not touching you until you remove that adult diaper." i grimaced.