20. Night love

Lyris was beyond excited the minute he sat in the car, ready to go on a long drive. He has always loved car rides quite a lot.

"Where are we getting dinner?" He asked, glancing at his mate who was behind the wheels, driving with a small smile on his face.

"I was thinking about stealing," Viridian muttered.

Lyris gasped.

"Joking, I was joking, we'll get it anywhere you want." Viridian chuckled.

"I want Chinese," Lyris declared.

"Should've said that before asking me where we were going," Viridian glanced at his mate with a sly face.

Lyris rolled his eyes.

"I'm putting the car on auto mode," the half vampire announced.

"What why?" Lyris looked disheartened.

"So I can pay more attention to you instead of the road."

That shut Lyris up real quick and he started to blush. All of a sudden he felt happy and extra affectionate being alone in a car with his mate. Viridian made him feel all kind of things.

Lyris wasted no time in sitting closer to his mate, sliding down the gear and the centre part of the car. 

"But it's safe right?" Lyris asked, scooting closer to his mate, looking up at him innocently.

Viridian smiled, pulling his mate closer to him, wrapping his arms around his waist, letting him slide over him.

"It is," Viridian reassured, resting his head on top of his mate's, trying to pull him closer but there seemed to be no space between them.

"What are you doing?" Lyris asked with a short chuckle.

"I'm trying to pull you to me," the half vampire said with a dejected look.

"I'm sitting right on top of you."

"That ain't good enough for me but I'll roll with it for now."

Lyris liked being around his mate a lot. He's someone who doesn't enjoy being around the same person all the so he buzzes around a lot of people, but it was the complete opposite with his mate. He doesn't want to stay away from his mate.

"Virus, what's your favorite food?" Viridian asked.

"Sushi! What's yours?"

"Virus, that can't be a serious question," Viridian teased.

"Why not?"

"Because I was a vampire?"

Lyris had never felt so dumb and Viridian was not going to let him live it down.

"It's okay Virus, thank god dumbness isn't contagious," the half vampire smirked.

Lyris smacked Viridian on the arm.

"Shut the fuck up," he mumbled in embarrassment. "At least I'm not the one who searches for my glasses with them on my face."

"Yeah, 'cause you're always busy being dumb."

Lyris pinched his mate's face.

"Stop being so smart you little fucktard."

"This way we can balance each other out," Viridian commented making his mate role his eyes.

"You're so full of yourself," Lyris chided.

Viridian kissed his mate's cheek all of a sudden, letting it linger there for mere seconds before nuzzling his neck.

He could feel his fangs elongating and he flinched away, shoving Lyris away from him, so as to not hurt his mate.

"Dian? What's wrong?" The werewolf leaned forward but Viridian backed away.

He was ashamed to let his mate see him like that.

"You need to stay away," Viridian said, covering both his eyes with his palms.

All of a sudden their mate bond made an appearance with an angry red swirl to them. They thought it had vanished.

Lyris started to panic on the inside but maintained a strong upfront.

"Fuck," Viridian cursed feeling his mate's distress.

All he wanted to do was spend time with his mate.

Lyris leaned forward, ignoring his mate's warning and aggressively pulled his face into his hands, cupping his cheeks, straddling him.

"Fucking let go Virus!" Viridian tried to pull away but he was wedged between the door and his mate.

The half vampire seemed to be having one of his episodes; those he has been having ever since he shifted.

His werewolf side and vampire dude were having a tug of war.

"Snap out of it, I'm right here," Lyris forced his mate to look at him. "I'm right here."

Viridian tried to focus on his mate and unconsciously pulled him closer by the waist.

His breathing was back to normal once he settled into Lyris' touch.

"Fuck I'm sorry I fucked up," he apologized to Lyris.

"It's not your fault, you didn't do anything, don't apologize," Lyris whispered, running a hand through his mate's silky hair.

Viridian was exhausted on the spur of the moment.

He pulled Lyris impossibly close and rested his face on his mate's shoulder, eyes clouding with sleep.

--

Lyris didn't have the heart to wake his mate up once they reached the restaurant, but he figured a change in the air would do his mate some good.

That's how they ended up having their umpteenth round of sushi.

"This is so good," Lyris moaned, closing his eyes.

Viridian gulped. His mate didn't seem to know what he was doing to him. The half vampire shifted his eyes away from his mate, distracting himself.

"Here, try this one," Lyris picked up the sushi from his chopsticks, gesturing Viridian to open his mouth to feed him.

The half vampire suppressed his groan and let his mate feed him.

"Nice right?" Lyris beamed.

"Splendid," Viridian grinned, but it turned out to be a grimace.

Lyris seemed to notice that when he brought it up.

"Okay, you're acting so weird and you're terrible at faking shit, what's up?" 

Viridian leaned back on his seat, sipping on some wine.

"You're so hard to be around." He confessed.

Lyris face looked crestfallen when he said that so he quickly explained himself.

"It's hard to contain myself when I'm around you, especially after my shift."

Lyris frowned, wanting to know more.

"Can you elaborate?"

"I want to be around you a lot more and that's not the only thing," Viridian mumbled, feeling impulsive all of a sudden. 

He'd just tell his mate. Heck he'd even show if he could, but he wanted to his mate's feelings into consideration.

"What's wrong with that? We're mates it's normal," Lyris reassured, picking up another set of sushi with his chopsticks.

"I know that is normal," the half vampire muttered. "The other things too."

Lyris sighed, feeling a little anxious about their relationship since Viridian brought it up but he didn't seem to really get what his mate was trying to say.

"Dian, I cannot understand."

What the half vampire said made Lyris choke on his sushi.

"Lyris, you turn me on."