-Chapter One-

I suppose you want to find out what this is all about, Well let me tell you.
"A little tale called Vernal. It's simple really, just some historic events that seemed to shape our present time right now, wouldn't you agree?" I asked the people who crowded around me, seemingly too excited to enter than listen. "Well I suppose not since you haven't heard about it yet, Are you ready?" The kids murmured and some adults seemed to roll their eyes, a little few were interested in what I had to say but still this did not stop me.. I gave them all a big bright smile, almost as if I was mocking them. I kept my cool when the doors finally opened, I'm as excited to enter as the rest of these people, it's always been the best part of this job! I don't really care if I've told this story a million times now, the wonder and curiosity I see almost everyday never ceases to amaze me. I raised my sign, a simple "stop" and "follow me" sign, I inhaled deeply before letting out a loud exhale.

"OKAY KIDS, right this way please." I said, turning to walk and I could just feel their curious eyes scanning the hallway. I almost let out a loud laugh but contained myself, I was getting too excited for this. "Right now, We are at the Hulls room, does anybody know who these people are?" I asked and one snotty looking kid scoffed at me. "Stupid people?" He said, earning a few laughs from the other kids and a few of the adults which offended me but I just managed to keep smiling.. "No, but they were simple people, they had this beautiful great community they built for themselves." I said, gesturing to the photos and sculptures that decorated the entire room.

"This is boring!" boomed a teenager, I frowned at his comment but I quickly regained my smile back. "Well what if I told you all about the wars they fought in, would you be interested in that?" I asked and I swear I saw his face crunch up, a little interest in his eyes. I beamed at that..

"Well. Long ago.."

----------

The world was peaceful, not even a single sign of danger around, children roamed around playing chase and the adults doing their jobs, either they were doing laundry, inside a house cooking and some were chopping down trees, some sat back and watched their children play, it was like any other day to them, a normal peaceful day. This community was known for their kind hearted nature, dispersing evil when they had the chance. Everything was in order, each Hull respected each and every one of them no matter what their skin colours are or what they wore or even who they wish to be.. These weren't so human but they did look human, just the fact that they do not have any sexual organs and that they had tails that trailed after them, They all looked unique and stood out from everyone else, having different coloured skins and tails, and nothing else to define their genders other than how high pitched or low pitched their voices were.. Venn was one of the few of the hulls that had a sharp dual blade on her tail, she is a Native American Hull, skin a nice shade of almond skin, her hair long and dark, and also quite shiny. Her scales travel from the bottom of her cheek, hugging her chin with shiny and beautiful scales down to her body and the insides of her hands.. They were a nice shade of red. Her tail is quite thick and as mentioned before, her blades are sharp even though She doesn't have any wings Her tale makes up for it.. She looks about 18 but is quite older than that, She acts quite mature for looking so young.

"Hey Venn!" called out a tall muscular Hull resident, He looked like Venn starting from his scales to the colour of his skin but what stood out the most from both of them is the colour of their eyes, Venn has beautiful gold ones while Vern had piercing red ones. "I've been looking for you all afternoon, what are you doing here?" asked the male making Venn laugh a little. "Can't I just enjoy the sunset today?" She asked with a cheeky smile on her lips. "And besides, I wasn't going anywhere else, just here and you already know where I am."

The male sat next to her on the grass, on top of the hill the village looked so miniature, the residents looked like ants and you could definitely see how charming and peaceful the world is around them.. "I'd hate for this to be ruined." Venn said absentmindedly, eyes staring off into the distance. "I love our village and everybody in it but I want to have an adventure of my own, find new people and see what the world has to offer."

"I know Hun but don't you want to just stay like this forever?" Vern asked, a bit sceptical with all of Venn's plans. "Yeah I do want to stay this peaceful forever but.. We live forever Vern; I can't just stay here all my life! I need a little bit of adventure and it's killing me!"
"But honey, life here is already adventure enough.." Vern's strong arms took Venn's, both staring at each other's eyes for a while until Venn looked away with guilt.
"Don't tell me you're going through with this?!" Vern looked at Venn, betrayed and hurt by his partner's reaction. "Why would you even want to leave this all behind? and for what? A measly adventure you'll end up forgetting anyways!" He argued which made Venn flinch away from him, She then sighed..

"I'm sorry." She whispered as she got up, tail dragging behind her. "I need to be alone."

It took Venn a long time before She could face Vern again, She thought she just needed to think it through but her mind was already set and she wanted to experience the outside world, She wanted to see what else life could throw at her and She was going whether she would be alone or not.

"Vern!" She said as She barged in their door and saw that her partner was carrying bags and was still continuing to pack a separate duffle bag. "What are you doing?" Venn asked, confused as ever. She then noticed a few weapons on the chair near their dining table and some food prepared. "Packing."

"Why, where are you going?" Venn asked, grabbing hold of Vern's wrist, looking at him with confusion and guilt. "Is it cause of what I said earlier? Did I offend you?" She asked which made the man laugh at her statement.

"It is about that but not in a way you think it is."

"Then, what?"

"I'm..." He paused, smiling at her. "I'm coming with you.."

-------

"Why would she even want to leave?" One child asked, pouting at me. "Her life is perfect! She's living in peace." The child continued making me sigh a little, then I glanced at the clock on top of one of Venn's portraits. "It's late and I have to close up but we can continue all of this tomorrow, and Venn mentioned she wanted more adventure in her life-"

"She could die!" A kid whined, cutting me off and it made me crack a smile. "She's much stronger than you think and once you get to hear the rest of the story, I think that perception of her will change." I stated with a wink then I clapped my hands together, grinning at the rest of the parents and children.

"And that's our time people, we can continue in the morning, I hope you enjoyed today!" I chirped, and then began escorting everyone out of the room and into the exit, the museum felt as lonely as I was looking at it with its empty halls and closed lights. I sighed, exiting the building and locking it behind me. 'Next time... Her adventures will continue..'