Chapter 9

"So this is the outside of the wall

"So this is the outside of the wall." You mutter beneath your breath. The day of expedition finally arrived. You were now riding the wagon that contained the supplies, tools and equipment for Levi's squad.

As the wagon moving fast, your heart is thumping so quickly that you can't remain calm. You were so nervous at this point since you don't know what is going to happen next. You're thinking that maybe an hour from now you were eaten by a titan.

The other scouts are riding their horses, outfitted with all necessary gear, and they all appear to be very serious as you turn to check them behind. You roam your eyes around and see the wagon where Leisel is riding in.

"What do you mean, she told you everything?" You nodded in response to Elias. Considering that he and Leisel had made a pact not to reveal their identities to others, he was unable to believe what he had heard from you. He furiously brushes his hair.

"Since you know already that we're siblings, can I ask a favor?" You replied with a nod, and he sighed before asking, "Can you please keep her safe, I honestly against of her joining the survey corps, but since it's her choice, I won't stop her. I'll pay you after you return alive, I swear."

You rolled your eyes as you thought back on your conversation with Elias. I have problem on dealing with Levi and now he's asking me to protect his little sister.

You flinch as soon as you hear the flare being shot nearby. After that you just realize the team split into groups. Leisel's wagon split with your team.

"Oh shit!" You cussed uncontrollably, as you were unaware that you were going split up with her. Because medics' sole responsibility is to treat scouts and carry their belongings, the they didn't discuss their plans with you.

All you can do is hope that she is safe, she's in the team of Hange, and you know that they're strong, she will be okay.

You almost jump in surprise when Levi suddenly jumps inside the wagon using his gear. You nervously looked at him as the idea that the titan was finally on sight crossed in your mind.

"Stay put here, protect the supplies we will be dealing the titans." He said, out of conscious you nodded immediately, and he swooped away. The wagon moved faster. Out of curiosity, you take a peek, letting your head hang outside; and looked upward, a large hand coming towards you. Your eyes widen as it coming to you very fast.

You saw Levi flying around and dealt with that titan by severing its nape. You breath a big sigh, as it almost got you. "Ms. stay there, don't move it is very dangerous." The Wagoner said.

Watching the steam of titan that collapses on the ground, it made your hand tremble in fear. Although you have experience killing, slaying titans is beyond your capabilities.

The surrounding is getting loud and the groaning of the titans is disturbing echoed around the place. This place turns hell. The only thing that you had was gun, but even that wouldn't be enough to kill or even scratch a titan.

As you embrace yourself the wagon move faster and faster making the supplies here inside with you get disorganized. Survey crops are really suicidal.

You heard screams, terrifying to hear. Given how helpless you felt in this situation, you are now regretting accepting your mission. Your only mission is to kill Levi, but because you can't do your mission quickly, you're now fighting titans and risk dying.

"Jump!" You flinch upon hearing the Wagoner yell. "W-what...wait," You gasp when you watched him jump from the horse. "Y/N!" You heard Levi's voice screaming out your name from a far.

You got confused on what is really going on, instead, before further could happen, you quickly jump from the wagon using your skills and landed on the ground, you protected your head with your hand as you rolled over to the ground.

As the titan stepped on the wagon you were riding, you watched it be demolished. Shit, that was a close call. "Y/N, are you alright?" Levi came approached to you, holding your arm to help you to stand, you hesitantly nodded to him in response.

You're safe but all the supplies were destroyed. This expedition is in so much mess. "Tsk, we should have retreated." You heard him groan. You agreed to him that this couldn't go on because many soldiers are already died.

You roam your eyes around the place, it was a completely chaotic. Scouts cannot effectively use their gear because there are no tress and only empty field with titans. They are at their disadvantage.

"Eren is not in good condition, she's with Mikasa. Go with them." He said and pointing where they are. You just nod, and you were off running. Mikasa called you as you got closer to them. "Y/N quick, he was so pale."

You immediately hop inside the wagon. You saw Eren lying inside and he was looking so bad. You touch his forehead to check his temperature. "He is in bad shape and very cold." You whispered, you're worried to Eren due to his recent erratic condition, and it is alarming.

You don't know what to do as you don't have your medications, they were all been wrecked. You heaved a loud sigh as you turned to see the destruction of your wagon, it is completely shattered.

You turn to glance around and feel relieved that nearly all of the titans have been eliminated, you watch the team members engaged in battling the titans. Levi's squad is surely very strong. No wonder why they were the strongest team among everyone.

After a while Levi arrived on his horse. "We're retreating. Prepare yourself." He commanded. This expedition is a total failure.

"N-No, we can't retreat...I was..." Eren was about to sit up from lying down but you stopped him and made him lie down again. "Don't strain yourself Eren." You said to him, he was always stubborn. Even he's not well he keep on pushing.

Levi looked at him and said. "We can't continue if you're being like this, all we have to do now is to retreat." But Eren never listen and he forces himself to sit down. You attempted to stop him because you're worried as he was extremely pale.

You were startled by his outburst as he pushed you and mumbled, "No, w-we're always retreating, we can't avenge those who die if we keep on retreating..." but Levi did nothing more than a sigh and turn his head away. He was wearing his trademark grim expression as looked around the place, and you looked at him, wondering what he was thinking.

"We can achieve nothing if you keep on weakening and crumbling. What I am worried is my death, because if die, I won't be able to protect you that is why, as soon as possible we should reach the basement before they could successfully killed me. You have to help yourself to be strong. " You look at him as he said those words, there was pain in his voice, you can't see it in his face but you can tell.

He didn't care if he died, but he did care about everyone. If I did manage to kill him, nobody would protect Eren, who was their only hope. He finally looked at Eren, "But rest assured I won't let them kill me until we finally reached your hometown." He promised before turning away.