Chapter 6

You are standing next to Leisel as the scouts having their urgent gathering

You are standing next to Leisel as the scouts having their urgent gathering. You observe in silence as Commander Erwin leads their discussion. You're feeling so anxious since they were discussing the attack from last night.

You stood there with them as if you're not the one they were referring to. You nearly got up last night, and you're only lucky that Elias was there or else you would currently be being tortured.

"The attack last night was so unexpected. If Levi was successfully killed last night maybe the scouts will be in their lowest, you know Captain Levi is their strongest soldier. They can't lose him." You hear Leisel say in low voice, but you knew that she was speaking to you.

It caused you to consider the repercussions of killing Levi, but who cares? It’s your victory and not your loss. You simply nodded at her, appearing to agree with her; you must appear innocent.

"Maybe the attacker was an insider, but that was our only speculation. Although this matter suddenly came, we will still be focusing on our expedition. That's it for this morning, dismissed."

You gulp nervously after hearing Erwin’s final words before dismissal. This surprised you; you vastly underestimated them, and it made you resolve to try again with greater caution next time.

You and Leisel were about to head back in the infirmary but this familiar voice called your name from behind. Upon hearing his voice it causes you to immediately look back at him.

"Yes Captain?" and he motioned for you to follow him without uttering a word. You initially glance at Leisel before turning to Levi. You’re not sure what this is about, but you’re hoping it has nothing to do with what happened last night.

You excused yourself to Leisel and walked with Levi. Despite the fact that your target was constantly by your side, you were unable to complete your mission since he's not easy to kill. He nearly defeated you.

Without knowing where to go, you simply follow him in silence. You considered asking, but you chose not to. Silence is better. Despite being shorter than you, he walks really quickly.

As you take quick glances at him it made you wonder how he manages to live outside when he was like you before residing in the underground city.

You two stop in front of the door and scowl as you realize that this is the way to their training ground. Even though it confused you greatly, you two exited the door and went outside.

As you look around the place you saw his squad already gathered on the ground. He noticed your confusion as you heard him sigh. "Didn't I tell you before that you will be participating in our training?" Your eyes widened remembering that he did mention it before but you simply forgot about it.

"Uhmm..." You’re trying to think of an excuse to leave the place. Although you were skilled in combat, you didn’t want them to unleash your true identity. You almost got caught, so you need to be careful now. You can’t take this risk.

He was waiting for your response, and fortunately you do so at last. "I don't want to participate, I-I can't...I'm...sick, yes I have asthma, so I can't."

Well it's a big lie; you could see Levi was astonished by it, and when your lie succeeds, you exhale in relief.

You stood there waiting for his next words. Hoping for him to let you go. "I can't do anything about that. You may now leave, you should’ve told me sooner." After hearing what he said, it made you relieved.

You thought he will go force you or anything just to participate. You walk away leaving them behind and not wanting to stay there for longer.

You glance at them just before closing the door and notice Levi staring at you. You were startled when you found him staring at you, but he gradually turned his head away.

You watched him walked towards his squad member; you got confused as to why he was acting that way. You ignore it once after closing the door.

Heading back to infirmary Levi's stare occupied your thoughts, you thought you can just ignore it but you can't. You’re thinking of the reason behind his behavior, you immediately halted from walking, and your eyes grew wide.

Your breathing becomes heavy as you come to a startling realization. What if he recognized me last night and knows it’s me? You pondered, start panicking.

"Y/N?" When someone behind you called your name, you nearly jumped in surprise. You take few steps backwards and face that person. You sigh with relief when it's Leisel.

"What are you spacing about?" she inquired after giving you a perplexed look, and you bit your bottom lip trying to find reason. You just realized that you're always looking for reason, and consider yourself to prepare for next time.

"Uhmm...n-nothing I just remember something that isn’t important."
She appeared content when she nods. "By the way, where you and Captain Levi go? Is there something going on with-," you cut her off by saying, "No, of course there's nothing going on with us, he just wanted me to participate in their training, but I decline, I have asthma so I can't participate."

You two began to walk together. She looks at you with surprised. It appears that she's worried. "I didn't know you had asthma, you shouldn't have applied because you know, the job here is heavy." She said worrying about your condition. You’re thinking of how many people you are going to tell your lie, of how many people you'll keep deceiving.

You shook your head in response to her. "Nothing to worry, I am prepared." You reassured her, you have to make them believe that you’re only an ordinary person until your mission will be accomplished.

Arriving at the infirmary, as you walk in, you saw Elias inside. You were surprised to see Elias there, standing with Hange by his side. Wait, what is he doing here?

He noticed your presence and turn his way to you quickly giving you a genuine smile. But all you do is frown in response to his smile. You weren't expecting him to be here.

"Y/N, good thing you're here, I want you to meet our greatest scientist from wall Sina, Dr. Elias." confounded and startled at the same time. You are now filled with questions and desire clarification.

When he extended his hand to you, your brows wrinkled even more as you turned to face him after taking it. Looking into his eyes, it seems like it was telling you to just go along with. You firmly shake his hand while forcing a smile to arch across your lips.

"It’s pleasure to meet you Dr. Elias." He smiled back at you and then replied, "The pleasure is mine Y/N." It was really a surprising to find that he was a scientist outside the underground city, in fact he's working under black government. There are so many things about him that you should be aware of.