Chapter 2

You sat down on the chair with trepidation as this man named Erwin, the Commander of survey corps, began to discuss about your work

Since you were the last applicant, the final position is for you. They expect you to be a professional medic. You don't know if this plan will work because you are really doomed this time.

I should've at least their cooked or anything not their medic. Can I kill Elias instead? He put me in trouble.

You simply listen to every word he said, and keep on nodding to him as if you understood him. As the discussion continue you are now battling with your thoughts on what you should do to kill this man Ackerman, to leave as quickly as possible before they discover that you were sent by Mr. Groovy, the boss of Black Government the greatest enemy of this land.

"Is that alright to you?" When Erwin questioned you, you immediately came to your senses. You gazed at him as he patiently waiting for your response.

You gulp dryly, not realizing that your thoughts have diverted your focus. What exactly did he say? Damn, I'm not paying attention. "...with what?" You ask hesitantly, almost in whisper.

"He is asking whether it's alright with you to be part on Levi's squad as their medic." You turn to look at Hange who was on the couch, smiling at you.

"We are assigning a medic who is willing to serve on the battlefield to every squad in our regiment. We are having our expedition outside, we needed medics for this, and I will assign you to his squad." Then Erwin added.

You hold your breath for a second hearing his name again. Levi Ackerman. They are making it simple for you, and you smile to yourself about it.

It will be a piece of cake to you because your target will be in your line of sight. You gave them a smile of joy and said, "Of course, I will do it."

You and Hange going through the hallway headed towards Levi's squad, she accompanied you. "I've read your application and I didn't know that you were top at your class, you excelled very well."

You instinctively look at her astonished, you are now starting to concern yourself, and you're worried that you may not defend yourself. Elias is the one who's responsible for this.

You stifle an embarrassed chuckle as you say, "Uhmm...y-yes, I did well...I guess." After couple of minutes you finally arrived at the training grounds. You wander your sight around seeing the group of people wearing the same uniform, having their training.

"Levi!" Hange suddenly exclaimed. You look around to see this man. You stop from searching after finally seeing him. Your target is in clear sight. Slowly, so as not to be seen, you groped for your coat-hidden dagger.

"What now, Hange?" He started, as he approached. His eyes find its way to you, you stare back at him. Of course you won't allow him to dominate you. You must show him your braveness. You shiver when your eyes meet his. What is this?

There's something in him, especially the look in his eyes causing you to shiver, he is giving you the vibe of inferiority. You look away and put your hand at your side because you can no longer stand his stare. Damn, this is not the perfect time.

"Oh, she's Y/N, the medic for your team." You look back at him, who remains staring at you. Ignoring his stare and extend your hand for a handshake, saying, "I'm Y/N, looking forward on working with you."

You tried to put a smile on your face to wear off all your worries. You've got this feeling that it won't be easy. Fine, it is not simple, are you happy now, Elias?

He stares at your hand and glance back at your face. You were taken aback as you see him smirked a little before reaching out to your hand for a shake.

"Brave enough." He only commented. You pull your hand away getting awkward with his touch. What's wrong with him?

You were now introduced to his squad, which took you surprised because there's another Ackerman in the squad.

You notice how tough she appears as you recall that Ackerman was renowned for having a greater strength than everyone else. Then if there are two in the squad then it will be really hard for you to kill Levi. You should use your wits against them.

After meeting Levi and his squad you and Hange proceeded to infirmary. But before you two could leave you take a glimpse at Levi for once again just to see him staring at you. What the fuck! Okay, let's just pretend I didn't see it.

After a while of walking you arrived, even though you were afraid of this, you'll just pretend to be a professional. You must convince them while maintaining your innocence.

You walk inside the infirmary to see the busy people, you look around the place. There's a lot of patient here injured, writhing in anguish and some have lost limbs. They looked pity in their condition. So this is how it really looks like here.

"Over here Y/N." Hange called you out and you turn to face her; she opened the door which you two enter. As you got inside, a young woman was cleaning the equipment. You're not sure why but she seems familiar.

She stood up upon seeing Hange. "Leisel meet Y/N, the newest recruit. She serves as Levi's squad's medic. Okay, I'll leave her in your care, See ya!" Hange said bid goodbye.
You watched her close the door as she leave.

You breathed out heavily and you turn to face Leisel who is widely smiling at you. "Nice to meet you Y/N, hope we would get along." You return her smile and replied, "It's good meeting you too, Leisel."

After a handshake she said, "So, let's go, I'll show you our room." You furrowed your brows hearing her say it. "We'll be sharing a room, you say?" You asked her as you two exited the infirmary.

She looks at you confused but you immediately look away and cleared your throat. "I mean...I'm not used to sharing a room."

She nodded in understanding to your statement, even if it's a lie. You can't afford to be caught; you have your weapons and have no idea of how to keep them from her, maybe under the bed.

As you make your way to your room down the hall, you turn to look at her. She seems kind, well if she comes to your way you're going to kill her. You don't care if she's kind or anything, your mission is more important. But she is really familiar to you. Have we met somewhere before?

"Here we are." You pause in front of the door; you waited as she open it. You look around the place as you walked in. The room is really small and just has two beds.

"Your bed will be near to window if it's fine with you." You smile and replied, "Of course, it's nice there." As much as possible you have to act like a normal citizen.

You walk through to see the window. You can see the other side of the building from here. You were amaze by how big this building is. Now, the question is where Levi's room is, this is the first thing I should know first.

Leisel came over to you and pointed outdoors. You give it a perplexed look. "Can you see that one large window?" She said, as soon as you realized to what she was referring to, you nodded. She then continued, "That's Captain Levi's room."

You look at her surprised. Anytime I can slip into Levi's room and complete my mission. Damn everything's going smooth.