Chapter 23

Summer POV
I ran in the hospital and what I saw nearly broke my heart.
My god babies.
"What the hell happened to them ?" I was yelling.
"Calm down miss , I'm detective Lyons. Who are these children to you?"
"They are my god kids, I tried to get them 2 years ago after their grandma didn't want them anymore. The judge said I wasn't granted custody."
"Well this is neglect and abuse, they don't eat , and they were getting beat."
"So you telling me the foster care department or whatever didn't observe the parents like they are suppose to ? And don't give me no bullshit excuse because I work with children services everyday I know the rules. "
"Ma'am I'm sorry you're upset I'm not over that area I just pick the kids up and drop them off."
"Let me call Stacy stupid ass , this bitch then really fucked up. Who can I talk to so that I can get my god children?" At this point I'm beyond pissed.
I call Stacy from the work phone hoping she would answer. She eventually pick up.
"Summer I told you already imma pay you back for that stuff I took." She must've recognized the job number.
"Stacy shut your pathetic ass up, your children are at my job being reported for child abuse. All because you denied them from going with me just because you thought I was gonna judge you."
"Woah. Sum look let me talk to the man or whatever I wanna see my kids like right now."
"No Stacy , give me permission so that I can take the kids. We don't need you for nothing else."
"Just hand the man the phone damnit you think you so perfect , everybody can't turn out like you have a nice house , good man that love you, nice cars. Just a perfect life.
"Stacy you listen to me and listen to me good , in any way shape or form have I ever said that I have the perfect life, so don't make pity on yourself."
I hand the man the phone and he starts talking.
"Okay they will be escorted to her house once we get everything worked out with the department. He told her
"Fuck the department, I want them there now. Don't call me at all for nothing. I know they in good hands now have a nice day, and tell them kids I love them."
And with that she hung up.

I walk over to Dayna , she hugs me.
"Dayna thank you so much you really are a good person, those are my babies and I wasn't there to protect them all because of their junky mama. She hugged me a little longer as I cried in her arms. "Dayna now I have to raise 5 kids , I don't have a problem with it because I will do anything to make sure these kids have a good childhood. "
"I know Summer, I'm sure when the time is right they'll find the best Forster family for them."
"Yeah but for the time being I'm gonna take care of them." She just nodded her head.
The detective walks over to us. "Ma'am I need you to fill this out , its for temporary custody. Until we find the perfect home for them. " I signed the paper and I called them over to me. "Lonzo and Layla come here for a second." They walked slowly and I grabbed both of them into a long hug. "God mama will never let anything else happen to you , after today that old life is in the past. Pinky promise."
"So are we free to go , someone is watching my daughter. And I want them to rest."
"Here's my card , call me with any questions you may have." I nodded and we walked off.
I made sure they were secure in my truck then I got in and noticed I left my phone in the car. 12 unread messages, and 7 missed calls. All from Chris. I don't have time to deal with this right now. I have bigger fish to fry , and plus he's in the dog house. I sent a quick text to Nelle telling her I was on my way.

Jasmine POV
I'm so bored the twins are at school so I decide to do a little shopping with my husband's card. Oh dang I forgot about brace, he's sleeping. I walk to his room and wake him up.
"Brace honey wake up , we gotta go."
He slowly wakes up , aww my little king.
"Mama, I'm sweepy." He said.
"Mommy need to get a few things from the store so come on, you can sleep in the car." I know I'm being selfish but I have needs too, the bills can wait. My happiness is on the line.
I threw on a crop top , and gray leggings and my back and gray roshe runs. Brace had on a pair of Levi jeans , red polo and his kds.
We got in the car and headed to 12 oaks mall. "You hungry little boy?" He shook his head like I can see that. "I cannot see what you're saying , are you hungry or not." My kids are so annoying man. "Yes mama" he finally spoke up. Im hard on my kids for a reason and I don't regret how I'm raising them. Tough love is the best love.
We pull up to the mall I find a decent parking space.
"Come on little boy give me your hand. Mommy should've put on a bigger jacket."
My son is getting so big , he's a momma's boy.

Summer POV
We get to my house , and I they just look. "Come on babies you're safe here I promise you." They shook their head and they walked in with me. When we get inside nelle was on the phone with someone. She looks up at me and says
"uh let me call you back something came up."
"Malaysia , Kayden come down here." They slide down the rail on my stairs they know better. I don't even have the strength to yell. I sit down on the couch and tell everyone to sit down in the living room.
They did and I began talking.
"Malasysia you know your god sister and god brother, they're gonna be living here with us for a little while." She start jumping up and down. She love company. "Can layla sleep in my room?" She asked me.
"Yes I think Lonzo is gonna be in there as well. I'll get them a bunk bed when your daddy gets home." They looked up at me and Lonzo was crying. I scooted towards him. "What's wrong baby?" He shook his head nothing. "You guys are gonna be fine I understand you want your parents but right now they have to get themselves together." He nodded his head and he gave his sister a hug. "Malaysia take them upstairs , I'll call y'all down in a minute so we can go get them some clothes and furniture." She said "Okay" and they went upstairs.
Nelle was looking at me like what happened , I told her the story and she was in tears.
"I love my son so much , I cannot imagine beating on him let alone starve my baby. I would want y'all to lock me up and throw away the key."
After talking and looking up bridesmaid dresses she says she has to go. Her and Kayden left. The kids are still upstairs so I went to check on them. They were all sleep on the bed , and that just touched my heart who really knows what these babies went through. I went to the family room and put on a movie.
I slowly fell asleep. I guess Chris came in while I was sleep.
"Yo Summer get up man, why are Stacy kids here?"
I open my eyes and I sigh.
"Chris lower your fucking voice , they been through a lot and I'm the closest thing they have to a mother , and until somebody can be responsible enough to take care of two kids I'm keeping them. Don't you ever question me about what I'm doing."
"Summer chill alright I just wanted to know what was going on. I've been calling you all day you haven't been answering I was worried so I came to check on y'all."
"Chris we are fine , thanks for finally caring. You can go back to work and then with the fellas." And with that he stormed out the front door. He is on thin ice.