22

Diego's pov:

I got changed into the clothes Rose picked out for me since she was taking care of Lorenzo downstairs.

"Diego?" Rose called me from downstairs. "Could you bring the suitcases down here please?"

"Of course, darling." I replied and got the cases off the bed then pulled them downstairs.

I was met with Lorenzo in Roses arms with a smile. She looked up and me and planted a kiss on my cheek.

"You sure you wanna go back?" I put a hand on her cheek.

"Yeah, like I said, fresh start." She leaned into my touch.

"What do you wanna do? We have a few hours before we got to leave." I asked.

"Well if Lorenzo wasn't here I know what we could do but since he is, can we go on a walk?" She grinned.

"Of course." I kissed her before grabbing the stroller, Rose put him in it and we left.

———

On our walk, that took about 2 hours, Rose showed me places she went as a kid, her old schools and so much more. I loved every second.

She was a bit sad about leaving and I could tell but didn't bring it up, knowing she would be more bummed out if I did.

We made it back to her house and watched some tv, she had a short nap with Lorenzo and before we knew it, it was 6pm.

We had loaded our stuff into the car and drove to the airport, got on the plane easy enough and had a smooth take off.

Lorenzo was crying but I managed to calm him down and he went to sleep not too long after.

Rose was sat next to me, her head on my shoulder and we started talking.

"When I was younger I always wondered why I didn't have a dad like the other girls but never would I think that he was a mafia boss who kills people daily." She laughed.

"When I was younger I wondered why my dad made me kill people." I replied, taking a sip of champagne.

She didn't say anything that time just placed her hand on my chest.

I always hated opening up to people but it was just easy with her.

I assume she fell asleep for the rest of the flight since her breathing went to a calmed pace and she stopped talking.

The flight was 7 hours and we were both asleep for the majority.

Once we got off the plane we we're greeted by a driver that kindly took us back to James's.

Me and Rose weren't that tired anymore after the amount of time we slept and it was now 7am in French time.

We soon arrived to the mansion and see James standing outside at the bottom of the stairs.

Getting out of the car, Rose walked over to him and gave him an hug.

I was getting the bags with help from the chauffeur. Rose walked back over to me and grabbed her suitcase, planting a kiss on my cheek.

I got Lorenzos car seat with him in it and we started walking through the front door.

Roses pov

Everything was the same inside, not surprising since we weren't gone for too long.

"Rose, Diego! You're back!" Ralph ran over and picked me up, spinning me in a circle.

"Ahh, missed you!" I squealed. "Where's Alex?" I asked when he put me down.

"His room I assume." Ralph shrugged and greeted Diego.

I smiled and walked to Alex's room.

After knocking twice and getting a 'come in' in response, I opened the door.

His eyes shot up to me.

"Hey..." I closed the door behind me.

"Hey." He stood up off his bed.

"Look, I don't want any bad blood between us. I just was everything to go back to normal, new slate." I stated.

"Diego already said he's over the fact that we went out." I continued.

"Yeah but I don't think I am!" He snapped at me. "You're the most beautiful girl and I'm sorry if I pushed things and I know you're with Diego and practically have a child but I can't get over you that easy!"

I froze up, what do I say?

"I'm sorry." I sighed.

"Look, I'm happy you and Diego are back and I'll say hi to him later but you should get out."

I turned around and walked away, closing his door behind me.

"Did it go well?" Diego asked, already next to me.

"Nope, he said he's not over me." I rolled my eyes a bit.

"He will be. Sooner or later but I can't say I can blame him, you're gorgeous." Diego offered me a smile.

"I think I'm just gonna go unpack." I took my suitcase from beside Diego and started walking upstairs.

Sitting on my bed, facing my door with a blank expression on my face was a good way to describe my mood right now.

I was home but didn't feel at home, I learned that Alex still has feelings for me and to fucking top it off, I got my period a few minutes after sitting down.

Once I put in a tampon I just wanted to cry, I hate my period.

A quiet knock at the door made me groan but as soon as Diego walked in, my mood lightened slightly.

"Are you okay?" He walked over and sat next to me.

"I guess so." I looked at him. "I just started my period and I have a gut feeling something bad is gonna happen." I admitted.

"It'll be okay." He snaked his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him. "Do you need anything? Hot water bottle, chocolate?" He asked.

"No, I'm alright." I nuzzled my head into his shoulder.

We sat like that for a while in a comfortable silence, just with each other.

————

I must've fallen asleep because I opened my eyes to an empty room.

Diego was gone which made me frown but I heard his laugh from downstairs after a minute, that brightened my mood.

I slowly stood up, still in my airport clothes, and walked downstairs. Diego was in the living room with James, talking.

"Hey." I smiled, as soon as I talked Diego looked at me, softening his face a bit.

"Hi, beautiful." He replied, making me blush.

I sat down next to him, seeing Lorenzo asleep on the other side of him.

Today wasn't as bad and I anticipated. I know Alex still has feelings but they'll go and it will be okay.

Everything's good right now.

——————

A/N
I am so sorry for my inactivity, the poor writing in this and not updating my story in a while. A lot of stuff has been going on but I think I'm back for a while and hopefully I'll keep updating often

I love all of you and I'm so grateful for all of the reads on this story