18

James's pov (from just after Rose left) :

It was around 9:30am, I woke up late today but at least I woke up?

I walked downstairs but no one was down there, I guess I wasn't the only one that over slept but Rose was usually up by now with Lorenzo. I put the coffee machine on and walked back up to Rose's room. I knocked but got no answer, I walked in after seeing the door wasn't locked. She wasn't there. I rushed over to her bed and grabbed the piece of paper that was on it.

'I didn't want my last words to you to be "you're a bad father" I'm sorry I said that but I genuinely love Diego and I couldn't stay with you anymore I took some money, hope you don't mind but I need It more than you and we both know that. I took Lorenzo and Juno as well but I knew that wouldn't bother you anyway. Don't bother looking for me and no I'm not with Diego. Goodbye dad - Rose'

Rose's pov (present tense/3am) :

I woke up and checked the time, 3am. My body still thinks it's 8am because of the time difference. Lorenzo was awake, staring at the ceiling, completely oblivious. I tickled his stomach and smiled when he laughed. Juno was at the end on the bed, still asleep so I let him rest and grabbed my phone.

'Good morning :)' I messaged Diego
He soon messaged back.
'Morning beautiful, I miss you'
'I miss you too, so does Juno he seems bummed out'
'I'm sorry, we can call later I promise'
'Okay, just remember the time difference. It's 3am rn'
'How about I call you at 12pm, your time'
'Great, talk then :)'

I put my phone down and pulled Juno up the bed then gave him a hug as me and Lorenzo both drifted back off to sleep.

I once again woke up at 10am now and saw Lorenzo was asleep again, Juno was awake but still lying down. I got up and walked downstairs to the kitchen. I tried my hardest not to cry at the memories of my mother making me breakfast here and us baking together. It was all just a bit overwhelming. I got out a bowl then pored some coco-pops in it and milk after.

Juno came running downstairs and grabbed his food bowl in his mouth. I took it and put some dog biscuits and a small bit of water in it then put it on the floor. I put my cereal on the counter and grabbed a plastic bowl to make Lorenzo breakfast. I got an apple and cut it into a few thin slices then did the same with a banana then cut some grapes in half and threw it all in the bowl. I grabbed a small spoon and placed Lorenzo's bowl next to mine then walked upstairs.

I reached my room and picked up Lorenzo, waking him up. He started crying a little but settled quickly. I sat him on the couch and put his bowl on his lap. I sat next to him and ate my cereal whilst he ate with his hands instead of the spoon.

When we both finished I washed up our bowls and laid on the couch with Lorenzo next to me and Juno at my feet. I turned on the tv and just watched some random show as Lorenzo babbled next me and and I played with his hands.

It soon reached 12pm, I waited for Diego to call me like he said he would and I didn't want to interrupt him if something was going on with the mafia. It was then 12:30pm, then 1pm my phone finally rang at 1:37pm. I picked it up and answered, Lorenzo was asleep with his head just above my boob so he was seen on the camera.

"Hi, sorry for not calling you at 12, I ran into a friend from high school so we went out for a few drinks." He explained. "Oh it's alright, how was it?" I asked. "Well we both changed a lot but but along really well." A smile appeared on his face. "Who was it?" I was praying my suspicions weren't true.

"Lilly Robinson." Diego's smile got bigger. I fucking knew it. "How's it there without your mom?" He tried to change the subject. "It's fine, I've got Juno ask Lorenzo I guess." I felt my eyes fill with water. I quickly tried to blink the tears away but one escaped onto my cheek.