13

Roses pov:

The next morning after I woke up I walked to my closet and picked out a cute outfit and laid it on my bed, Lorenzo was luckily still asleep so I had a quick shower and wrapped myself in two towels. (one for my hair and one for my body)

As soon as I stepped back into my room Lorenzo was crying. I got him out of his crib and held him close then walked downstairs. It was only 8am so luckily no one would see me in my towel.

I had Lorenzo in one hand with his legs wrapped around my body and his bottle in the other. I warmed up some milk then held the bottle for Lorenzo as he drank it. I also put the coffee machine on.

A few minutes had passed and Lorenzo drank a fair bit of milk, my coffee was ready and I brought it upstairs.

I placed Lorenzo on my bed and looked through his section of my closet for a cute outfit.

Once I picked out a fluffy teddy bear onesie for him I was about to place it on the bed but I stopped when I saw Lorenzo sitting up by himself.

"Oh my god!" I covered my mouth and picked him up, giving him a big hug. "Who's a good boy? You are." I kissed him on the cheek. "Lets get you dressed." I smiled.

Once he was dressed I turned my tv on and put peppa pig on, Lorenzo was sat in his crib that was attached to my bed. I quickly got dressed, by this time my hair was dry.

I walked to my bathroom and turned on my vanity lights but left the door open so I could see the baby in my room. I did some light makeup and once I was done I walked over to Lorenzo, picking him up and holding him on my side. It was around 9am now but I don't think anyone was up.

I walked over to Diego's room and knocked on the door, not getting a response. I slowly walked in and saw him sleeping. I smiled then walked out, closing the door behind me. I walked to Ralph's room but he was sleeping too. I didn't bother with Alex.

I walked to the living room and put Lorenzo in his crib in there, put peppa pig on again then walked to the kitchen. I made a pot noodle for me but just before I could eat it Lorenzo was crying. I could tell witch type of cry it was and it was my least favourite, I needed to change him.

I picked him up and walked to the bathroom, I put him in the counter and took his dipper off. Once I cleaned him and put a new dipper on he was much calmer. I wiped his tears and walked back to the living room. I sat on the couch laid him on my chest and ate my pot noodle, watching tv with him.

After a few episodes I saw Diego walking downstairs, rubbing his eyes and yawning. "Good morning sleepyhead." I giggled. "How long have you been up?" He asked, sitting next to me. "Since 8." I smiled. "Oh my god, guess what happened!" I squealed. "What?" Diego sat up more. "Lorenzo can sit by himself now!" I looked down at him on my chest. "Couldn't he always do that?" Diego walked to the kitchen. "No?" I questioned him. "Oh, sorry I'm still half asleep." He turned on the coffee machine.

I carefully lifted Lorenzo up and placed him in his crib, he was mostly asleep anyway. I walked over to Diego and wrapped my arms around him, resting my head on his chest. "Oh, what's this for?" He smiled and hugged back. I shrugged my shoulders and continued hugging him. "Babe the coffee's done I gotta use my hands for that." He laughed.

I looked up at him and raised my eyebrows. "Did you just call me babe?" I was shocked. "I think so, yeah." Diego looked down, embarrassed. I got on my tiptoes and gave him a short kiss then let go of him so he could make coffee. I walked back over to the couch and sat down.

After a few seconds, Ralph came downstairs and walked over to me. "Hey, we got news on your dad." He smiled. "Good or bad?" I turned to face him. "Good, he's home tomorrow." He cheered. Diego walked over to me and sat down with his coffee. "What's gonna happen to Lorenzo?" He asked. "I dunno? Probably gonna stay here." Ralph shrugged. "But wasn't he staying with Mateo?" I looked over at the baby. "I'm sure Mateo would let you look after him for longer, he didn't really care for the baby in the first place." Ralph sat down next to Diego and put his feet up on the coffee table.

I was happy James was coming back but I was scared Lorenzo would be taken from me, I've started to love him. He's like a son and little brother mixed to me. It's hard to take care of him but I've put so much effort in.

"Rose? You okay?" Diego asked. "Huh? Yeah." I replied. "Is Alex up yet?" Ralph looked over at me. "Don't think so." I replied, still looking at Lorenzo. Diego wrapped one of his arms around me, pulling me over to him. "It's gonna be okay." He whispered then kissed my head. I smiled at him and hugged him. We both laid down on the couch and cuddled.

"Gross." Ralph stood up and walked to Alex's room. I was just about to shut my eyes when I heard Ralph yell. "Holy shit!" I quickly sat up along with Diego. "What?" I looked over at him. He stood still so me and Diego got up and walked over to Alex's door. My jaw dropped.

"Anita?" Diego asked. There she was, in her underwear picking up her shirt. Diego quickly looked away after seeing what she was wearing. Alex was on the bed with only his boxers on. "I'm so sorry." Anita quickly got dressed and walked past me. I stared at her as she left. "What?" Alex asked since Diego and Ralph were staring at him. "Didn't James tell you? No fucking with his family and especially not under his roof." Ralph told him. Me and Diego looked at each other then back at Alex. "Put some fucking clothes on." I rolled my eyes and walked away.

I stood in front of Lorenzo's crib and played with his hands. A few seconds later Diego walked up to me and hugged me from behind, bending down to put his head on my shoulder. "He's not gonna be taken from us." He smiled. "But what if Mateo wants him back, or maybe they found a new home for him or they put him up for adoption?" I started talking quickly. "Then we put up a fight." Diego moved away and picked Lorenzo up. He held him carefully and smiled. "No ones gonna take him." He leaned down and kissed me. "I- thank you." I cut myself off. I was gonna say I love him but what if it's to early in the relationship. Worst of all, what if he doesn't say it back?

"I think this little guy should start having baby food don't you?" He tickled Lorenzo's stomach. "Good thing I brought him some." Diego walked to the kitchen and pulled out raspberry flavoured pouch of baby food. He then got a little bowl, small spoon and poured the food into the bowl. I walked over to them and got some food on the spoon then held it up to Lorenzo's mouth. He soon ate it. Me and Diego had the biggest smiles on our faces. "Well done, baby." I smiled and kissed Lorenzo on the cheek. "Damn where's my kiss?" Diego pulled a sad face. I got on my tiptoes and kissed him on his cheek. "There, baby." I smiled.

————

Word count: 1354

Sorry for a kinda boring chapter, I wanted there to be a happy one with still a bit of drama :) thanks for all the support on this book <3