"But why wasn't my ancestor destroyed when you had him?" Trevor asked.

"Because I was the one who bore him." I answered with clarity. "I carried him to term in a human body, and he was born as such. He was stronger than regular human's though, and more intelligent. Those traits were passed down his family tree." "I curled my fingers. "And here we are, the first of a lineage and the last."

"And the last of our families." Trevor sighed. That struck like a stake to the heart. "I'm sorry. I would've stopped them from destroying your home if I was allowed. They  forcibly kept me from intervening threatened to cast me out if I fought back . Not like it mattered in the end."

"You mustn't blame yourself." Sypha comforted. "If you had intervened it would've affirmed the Church's beliefs that the Belmont's were influenced by evil. Seeing a renegade Watcher come to protect the family, they'd ensure nobody survived."

"She's right." Trevor assure. "Sometimes you gotta know when to stand back. It's a hard truth to swallow, but it's necessary. You'd end up hurting more than helping."

"But." Sypha added optimistic. "There are more things in this world that are worth standing up and fighting for."

I nodded. "Where do I go from here? Now that I know my past and what I really am, what should I do with this knowledge?"

"That's the question isn't it." Trevor chuckled gruffy. "I know our paths return to Targoviste. The divine blade Aurelius used to combat Death could give us a great advantage against the night creatures and those wanting to bring Dracula back.

"What?" Alucard flexed his claws. "I have not heard of this."

"Course you haven't, you've been in this castle nurturing an amnesiac angel back to health. If it's not night creatures we're fighting every day of the week, it's loyalists to Dracula who want him back in the world and will do anything necessary to resurrect him."

"That is news to us." I said unsettled. "It is it true?"

Sypha nodded. "Unfortunately so."

"Why would anyone want to resurrect my father?" Alucard bared his teeth in a harsh rasp.

"Honestly, no idea." Trevor shrugged. "The world's gone crazy."

"The world's always been crazy." I commented. "Just more so now."

After that disturbing factoid, our friends decided they would return to Targoviste as soon as possible and seek out the knife. "I could come with you." I suggested eagerly. "You've seen what I can do, and I can feel my powers growing stronger now that I remember who I am. I could be a big help."

Alucard murmured my name, holding my hand in reluctance.

"No. You have to stay here." Trevor rejected. "The world isn't ready for the return of an Egrigori, and you'll need to hone your powers should things get difficult. Besides.." He smirked at Alucard. "Someone needs to watch over this knucklehead."

"I should say the same for you." Alucard snarked. "Try not to get killed, you have family to return to now." A genuine smile crossed Belmont's face. "Yes, I suppose I do."

We bode the duo farewell in the courtyard, where I set up the spell and mirror shards. I was honestly more emotional than I expected I'd be, tearfully hugging Sypha. "Take care of yourself okay, and be careful of the Whisperers."

"I promise I will." We kissed each other on both cheeks, as customary for Speaker families. "Grow strong, my dear sister until our paths cross again." Sypha. "And may the stars shine blessings down on you." I finished the Speaker phrase of farewell. Looking over at Trevor, I went and hugged him tight.

"God you're strong!" Trevor grunted. "Try not to get into too much trouble until we return, okay kid?"

"Stop calling me kid !" I cried. "I'm literally thousands of years old than you and your quadruple times great grandmother! If anything, you're a kid!"

"Don't make me vomit." Trevor grumbled. "Hey." He tucked my chin up after feeling my tears on his clothes. "Listen to me. This isn't a farewell forever. We'll see each other again, and sooner than you think."

I stood next to Alucard. "Thank you for helping (Y/N) save my life. I am forever grateful."

"I honestly couldn't have done it without you both." I bowed my head. "How can I ever repay you."

"You can repay us by keeping yourself alive and training your skills. Alucard is lucky to have you." We held each other's hands as we watched the Speaker and the Belmont step through the mirror portal into the woods outside the Targovistan walls, waving farewell as the portal closed.

"The Elder Speaker was right, I did find family out there." I held Alucard's hand. "As well as in here." Alucard responded with a quick peck on my cheek. "So have I." We nuzzled each other, and I swore I felt the phantom presence of wings on my back embracing him.