AN and prologue

ONLY READ THIS IF YOU'RE ON WATTPAD. IF YOU'RE NOT, LEAVE THE SITE YOU'RE ON IMMEDIATELY. THIS BOOK - AND PROBABLY MANY OTHERS ON THE SITE - HAVE BEEN STOLEN. IF YOU WANT TO FIND THE CORRECT VERSION OF THIS, GO TO WATTPAD AND SEARCH FOR IT THERE. 

Look who ran out of ideas of what else to write and didn't want to spend their life on Youtube until I come up with some.

Anyway, this book will feature mild spoilers, death, angst, probably gore and similar dark themes. I'll leave a trigger warning for the worst on individual chapters.

Also, there will be no shipping (except Joel and Lizzie) but definitely some moments that can be read as non-platonic if you want. 

This idea might or might not've originally come from a dream...

Anyway...

Let's start another thing I'll keep unwritten past the 2nd chapter!

(Grian's perspective)

It isn't the first time I've had this nightmare. 

Every time it starts the same. The same world, the same time, the same Ender Dragon fight. Shooting it down with arrows, alone, until it's dead, screaming, falling to the ground, dead. I don't need them. As little as I've told the others, this will be my last day. 

My last day of Evo.

The portal opens in front of me, and I stare into the midnight pool. I'll let someone else get the dragon egg...

I jump through. 

A world appears in front of me as I spawn. This hasn't happened in the dream before... talking, then panic... I don't have time to work out where I am before the world turns to fire, and then blackness.