AFTER PARTY (**AFTERWORD)

For updates on the future of the Wyld Heart series, including sneak peaks at the writing process and the cover for Book 2, follow me on Wattpad (@AJSCURRAH) and keep this book in your library.

...

Congratulations on absolutely demolishing nearly 68,000 words!

This was an insane writing sprint for me, as I managed to finish the whole book (starting from scratch, mind you) in just under two months. For context, it usually takes me two or three years to finish the first draft of a story, but I accidentally fell head over heels in love with the characters (looking at you, Sebastian) and couldn't tear myself away from the keyboard — my phone keyboard, to be specific.

Rather than type everything up on my laptop, where it's so easy to fall into a vicious cycle of writing, deleting and rewriting without making any real progress, I wrote a lot of this book on my phone. I made a deal with myself to 'just go for it' with Wyld Heart; to treat it as an opportunity to explore the craft (Goddess, that sounds pretentious xD) and be less critical of myself and my writing. This book helped with my confidence tremendously, so thank you for all of your support with the first draft!

Wyld Heart was also my first dedicated attempt at writing in the third person style, and I've absolutely loved expanding the world of the story through the perspectives of characters like Hunter and Sebastian. So there'll be plenty more of that in Book 2: Wyld Fire.

Before I fall into the trap of blabbering on about my future plans for the series, I'd like to extend a special thanks to the following people for their support of the story in its early days, back when it was called 'Seeing Red' and featured on a different profile. These are the OG commenters who spiced up my day with their theories and witticisms, and many of them have their own riveting stories that are worth checking out:

armyhana_haru

TenaciousPterodactyl

LillithBlake3

Greeklove17

A special thanks is also in order for the following readers who've helped to welcome Wyld Heart on my main profile. I've loved reading each and every one of your comments, and I'd also like to shout out Skylar Black's incredible work in the fantasy genre, if you're looking for something to read after this:

Skylar-Black

1_reading_addict_1

CrazyBookWeirdo

k_chhala

darkliner

ImaW8

dramalpaca

isis_bastet

Last but not least,  thank you from the bottom of my heart to all the silent readers and voters. I couldn't have done this without you. Seeing that you're enjoying the story makes my brain make happy chemicals, and I'm genuinely honoured that you decided to invest your time in my work.

SO, WHAT COMES NEXT?

Wyld Fire is out now on Wattpad and free to read! I'll see you on the flip side

Stay toasty,
- AJ