Bad Decisions ✖ XXVIII

Beginne am Anfang

"We don't need it ."

"Why ? Better safe then sorry ."

"I shouldn't have been on you like that before, I'm comfortable with it . If it happens it happens, if it doesn't then it doesn't . It's up to you if you want to use it ."

I thought about it for a few seconds, decided to get it anyway . When the time comes it will come, no question will be asked, and no feelings will be hurt .

Tremaine

Asia and I went out for some Chinese food, when we came back I sent her to the bedroom while I cleaned up since it was my fault .

Connie

Everyone has been asking me how I've been doing, how am I holding up, do I need anything ? Food, comfort, money ? And my response is the same for everybody; I'm LIVING .

Today I just put myself first and went to get my hair done and then my nails done . I picked up some Thai and a couple of DVDs before kicking my feet up on the coffee table with a tall glass of red wine .

I hopped onto Instagram and scrolled through my feed mindlessly . My fingers slowed down against the screen as I saw a picture that Trey posted of a crowd in Houston .

One thing about that man that will never change is his love for his fans, even when other things do ...

Clicking on my utilities, I traveled down to Tremaine and pressed my phone against my ear .

On the third ring he asked, "Hello ?"

"Hi, Trey ."

"Hey, Connie, wassup ?"

"Not much, just coolin', how about you ?"

"Just cleaning up the kitchen, Asia and I had a food fight . Everything okay ?"

"Yeah, I was just calling to chat a little . But if you're busy -"

"Oh, nah, I got a few minutes . So how you been ?"

"I'm good, still making my way through medical school . So how was Houston ?"

"It was pretty dope, ate a lotta bomb ass barbeque while I was done there ."

"I HIGHLY doubt it was bomb enough to top mine," I joked, opening up my container of food .

Trey sucked his teeth . "You never knew how to cook an egg let alone a rib, let's not start the lies, Constance ."

We shared a laugh and as it died down I responded, "Come back this way and I'll redeem myself ."

As soon as the words left my lips I felt like cursing myself out in the mirror, I could nearly feel the awkwardness lingering around in the air . "I-I mean, as friends of course ..."

"Yeah, I know ." He cleared his throat .

"So, uhm, how's Asia ?"

"She's good, same ol' Asia you met from the jump ."

"Can I tell you something, Trey ? Just between us and in all honesty ."

"Uhh, yeah, sure ."

"From the jump as you said ... Did Asia ever like me ? I mean, she always showed kindness towards me but I feel ... I don't know, I just have a feeling she never had too much favoring for me ."

"Rewind that a lil', Asia never once held a thing against you . She knew how much you meant to me . " He paused to sigh . "In all honesty she was considering your feelings the whole time because let's be honest, baby girl, you wear your heart on your sleeve ."