I Know What You Did

"'It's important,'" Five repeats, shaking his head. "You have no concept of what's important." He clenches his jaw.

"Hey! Did I ever tell you guys about the time I waxed my ass with chocolate pudding?" Klaus laughs. My mouth falls open. "It was so painful."

I actually have so many questions.

Luther's face is full of disappointment as he says, "What are you still doing here?"

"Ay, ay, ay..." Five mutters.

"How did you wax it with pudding? Did you like, let it sit out, and it hardened?"

"What, the wax? Or..."

I wrinkle my nose."The pudding-- or the wax, I don't know. How does that even work?"

"You thinkin' of trying it out?" Five jeers.

I shoot him a look and turn back to Klaus, eagerly awaiting an answer.

"Klaus, just leave," interrupts Luther.

"I– What? I need an excuse to hang out with my family and our brother's best friend?"

Five and I sputter simultaneously.
"We're not-"
"That is definitely-"

"We're far from friends," Five finalizes.

Luther ignores us. "We're trying to have a serious conversation."

"What, and I'm incapable of being serious?" Klaus puts his hands to his chest. "Is that what you're saying?"

"Luther's got a point, you should get out," says Five.

"What?" Klaus looks at me and I reluctantly nod my head in agreement. "Fine!" Klaus slams the van door.

One gone; one to go.

Luther turns back to us. He leans against the window, causing the entire van to shift. "What the hell are you up to, Five?"

Yes, perfect. Ask as many questions as you'd like, Big Man.

"You wouldn't understand."

"Try me. Last I checked, I'm still the leader of this family."

I purse my lips.

"Well, last I checked, I have far more life experience than you," retorts Five.

"That's a bit arrogant, wouldn't you think?" I smirk.

He shoves his pointer finger in my face to shush me. "Cecilia, the adults are talking."

Luther squints his eyes. "You know what your problem is?"

"Really hoping you'll tell me," he sneers.

"You think you're better than us." Five's smile fades, and I can't help but feel out of place in this situation. This family really has no sense of social cues whatsoever. "You always have. Even when we were kids. But the truth is, you're just as messed up as the rest of us. We're all you have." Five's mouth twitches. "And you know it." Luther maintains strong eye contact with him, and I can't decipher if it's meant to be intimidating or sympathetic.

It's as if I'm stuck in a Shameless episode.

Five lowers his brow, and his face tightens. "I don't think I'm better than you, Number One. I know I am," he drawls.

Luther looks away in disbelief, and I snort. "Please, merely minutes ago you were jealous over a mannequin."

Five disregards my remark. "I've done unimaginable things, things you couldn't even comprehend."