Part 6

1st POV

The heat is the first thing I feel when I wake up. The second is a feeling of emptiness. Like something is missing. I blink the grogginess from my vision as I hear the thumping of footsteps. I look to my left to see lava slowly pushing closer. I push myself to wobbly feet and look over at Owen who's getting licked by a small triceratops. I'd laugh at it if it weren't for the pain in my gut. The triceratops bellows and walks away as I stumble towards Owen. 

"Third time's a charm, my ass." I grumble as I stumble towards Owen. I hear him groan as I kneel beside him. I shove my arms under his armpits and heave him up. I throw his arm around my shoulder. He mumbles incoherently as I practically drag him to safety. "Third time is not a charm. Definitely not a charm." I stumble over a log letting out a surprised yelp. 

I huff as I sit up. Owen grunts as well as he sits up and the tranquilizer wears off. 

"Are you okay?" Is the first thing Owen says when he turns to me. 

I nod, "Yeah I'm fine now, but in a few minutes if we don't get a move on we'll both be BBQ'd." I say glancing at the lava that's creeping closer. Owen nods in agreement before taking my hand in his and dragging me along through the woods. Slowly feeling returns to our limbs and we're able to move along at a slightly faster pace. 

We pick up pace as dinosaurs all around us begin running from the volcano. The ground shakes below us as the volcano erupts some more. I stumble a bit but Owen catches me and pulls me to my feet before I can fall. 

"Thanks." I say out of breath. 

In the distance we see Franklin and Claire standing awestruck staring at the volcano. Both appear to be out of breath. 

"Run!" Owen yells.

Claire and Franklin look in our direction and see us running towards them. 

"Run!" I shout as well. 

Pretty soon the stampede of dinosaurs burst through the clearing. Claire and Franklin get the hint and begin running as well. Owen and I catch up to them fairly quickly. We all sprint down the mountain through the trees. Franklin looks over his shoulder and screams. I grab his arm to keep him from slowing down. "Come on!" I shout. 

Behind us, I can hear the trees toppling as the bigger dinosaurs plow through trying to escape the volcano's wrath. Large chunks of rock fall from the sky as the volcano continues to erupt. We all duck out of the way as one lands close to us. 

A large tipped tree provides us with cover. We all quickly dash for it. Owen takes my hand and holds me close to him as the four of us try to stay away from the edges of the tree where the large dinosaurs are breaking off pieces as they plow by. The final piece of the tree breaks away leaving just the gyrosphere to protect us. 

A dinosaur knocks into it causing the sphere to roll slowly. Owen pushes me towards the gyrosphere. "Go! Go!" He shouts. Claire and Franklin climb in and buckle up. I climb in next and half sit on Claire half sit on the control panel. 

I look at Owen who's still standing outside. "Get in!" I shout. Owen doesn't look at me. His gaze is past me. I hear a roar and turn to see what he's staring at. A carnotaurus steps around the gyrosphere and roars threateningly at us. "Shit. Owen, come on." I urge. 

But the carnotaurus had other ideas as it steps around the gyrosphere to where Owen stood. Owen inches around to the back trying to distance himself from the creature. The dinosaur roars loudly and charges at an oncoming herbivore. The two clash. The Carnotaurus biting at the bony frill. The herbivore head butts the Carnotaurus and knocks it to the ground. The Carnotaurus gets back up and bites again at the bony frill trying to drag the herbivore down. The two come barreling towards us in the gyrosphere and knock into us. Claire and Franklin scream as the ball begins to roll forward. Because they're buckled in they stay in their seats, however, I am knocked forward and hit my head on the glass. I groan as I feel blood dripping down my forehead.