"How did I spook you? I said your name like two times. What are you reading that's got you off in your own world?"

"Oh, I don't know what it's called. I picked it because I liked the title and the cover. It looks like it's called 'Jane Eyre.' So far it seems to be about an orphan girl with a shitty aunt and shitty cousin." 

"You like the title? Because it has your name in it? I didn't know you were so self-obsessed doll." Nik teases her, waiting for some snarky response but receiving none. Jane is already re-absorbed into the world of Jane Eyre and pays no mind to the silly comment. Nik opens the book he chose. 

They read like this, in silence but enjoying each other's company, until they both manage to doze off on the couch together. Jane Eyre wasn't as interesting as it sounded. Nik wakes up from his nap. He looks out the window. The sky is dark, and the air is chilly now. He tiptoes out of the library as quietly as possible. He finds himself in the kitchen again. This time, however, he isn't cooking anything. He just grabs a snack, some cookies, and a glass of milk, and sits at the table. 

He is still full from lunch and doesn't want to prepare another meal if Jane isn't going to be hungry either. He eats in silence, thinking about the angelic beauty resting in his library. He knows it isn't good to get so caught up in whatever they are, but he can't help it. This is the first time he has felt alive in a long time. He cleans up his mess and lays down on the sectional in the living room. 

He attempts to pull his phone out of his pocket only to realize that he is still in his swim trunks. He sneaks upstairs and into his bathroom. He pulls his sweats out of the dirty laundry, checking the pockets for his phone. He locates it and hops onto his bed with it. He has 3 missed calls. Two of the calls are from his assistant checking in and letting him know about any important work updates most likely. The other call is from an unknown number. They left a voicemail. 

He plays it to find the following message: 

"Hello, Nik. You don't know me, but I know you. I'm just calling to let you know that I have some pretty interesting information about you. Honestly, I wouldn't want something like this to get out. It could ruin your career. We don't want that do we? I can be a nice guy and do you a big favor. If you drop your relationship with your newfound sex kitten, this little problem should be able to sort itself out and disappear forever. Just be careful Nik. I would hate for this to have to end poorly-" 

Nik deletes the message and hangs up the phone. What could anyone possibly have about him? He ignores the warning and rolls over onto his side. He decides to call his assistant back to check in. 

----------

Jane opens her eyes and rubs the dried drool from her cheek. She doesn't remember falling asleep, but she does remember coming to the library with Nik. Where is Nik? She gets up, returning her book and Nik's forgotten one to their respective shelves. She yawns and stretches her arms up towards the sky, trying to loosen up any stiff joints or muscles from sleeping while sitting up. 

She isn't as young and as limber as she used to be, not that she is an old woman just yet. She hits the light and leaves the library. She has to pee, so she goes to the only bathroom she knows of, the one in Nik's room. There are probably tons of bathrooms that are closer by, but she doesn't want to waste time and get lost somewhere. She spots Nik on his bed as she enters the room, closing the door quietly behind her. 

"Is that you Jane? Sorry I wasn't there when you woke up. I didn't want to rudely wake you up when you looked so relaxed. This is your vacation, so I didn't want to take that away from you."

"No worries. I could have called you if I got lost or something. What are you doing up here?"

"Just chilling. I checked my messages and things, watched a video, and random junk like that. How are you feeling? Are you hungry?"

"Not really. We had a big lunch. I am feeling like I have to pee so I'm going to go do that." She states her objective bluntly, leaving Nik to himself in his room. He shakes his head in disbelief at the fact that she has been in his home for less than a day and is already this comfortable with him. Whatever, they are having fun.