a compass will lead the way

"You are interpreting too much into it!" repeated the black cat Kwami once more when he saw Adrien walking another round through his room.
The blond boy had already spent hours walking up and down the room and speaking, illuminating and analysing every little thought in his head in order to come up with answers that no one else would give him.
"It must be so obvious!" the boy pleaded now before he turned 180 degrees and to tread the path he had just covered one more time. "But I have to overlook something .." he added quietly.
He wasn't sure what to do with the information he had found in Nathalie's room. Nothing had really been new about this point, and yet he still lacked answers to the question of what had made her go this far. Why did she of all people have to ally with villain number 1 of Paris?
Adrien paused for a moment and stopped. Because there was also the note he had found in the book about the Miraculous. About a possible repair of the peacock miraculous. 'Shouldn't they be indestructible?' he asked himself in his head. There was also the fact that Nathalies had the same symptoms as his mother Emilie for a long time. Something that would be to big tojust be a coincidence.
With a punch in his left hand Adrien turned to Plagg "What if Hawkmoth blackmailed her!"
"Blackmail about what? Wear that sick Miraculous or I'll do something to you?" replied Plagg with a sarcastic undertone.
"You're right .. that doesn't make sense .."
"Also" the Kwami said before lifting him self in the air to make him self seem bigger then he was.
"Your father seemed to have lied when he gave you the lecture at that time"
"What exactly do you mean?"
"He claimed the book was unique, but apparently Nathalie also owned one"
Adrien raised one of his eyebrows in surprise. "She probably just stole the book from the safe. It's not as if she didn't have all the passwords for almost everything in this house."
"So she took your father's book to help Hawkmoth with the knowledge which is written down in the book?"
"Yes, NO!" Adrien exclaimed angrily before tearing his hair tousled. "Nathalie must have had a good reason!" he added
"So you still think she was completely innocent when everything speaks against her?"
Slowly Adrien took his hands out of his hair and lifted his head to give his little friend a gentle look.
"Not of course not. I now she is not competly innocent. But I just have to believe in something good... She was always there for me Plagg .. When I was little, she took care of me, protected me that nothing happened to me. When I was scared at night, she always came to me and started reading something to me until I fell asleep. She often stayed up hours after she finished work to study with me for exams. When my mother died, she tried to perk me up and she persuaded my father that I can go to school. I just have to believe that she is not just bad. Do you understand? "
A slight sigh escaped Plagg's small, almost inconspicuous lips. "Of course I understand you ... but-"
"I know. There is still a lot to suggest that she just did it with out a good reason." Adrien cut him off before he started moving again. "But Nathalie belongs to the family for me. And I will do everything to find answers. And only when I have excluded everything, and what is left, however unreal it will be. I will be for the truth."
"Nathalie really shouldn't have let you read the Sherlock Holmes novels .." Plagg sighted making Adrien smile in the progress.
"We still walking in the dark, so I think it's time to consult with Doctor Wattson. Plagg, claws out!"

"Master, I really don't know if that will be good ..." Nooro uttered softly and carefully. As always, his opinion on any topic was undesirable, but this time at least Gabriel refused to forbid him to speak entirely.
"I have to concentrate, Nooro," he just gave his Kwami to understand before he closed his eyes one more time. In his head he had everything worked out perfectly. It all made sense. He went through the whole plan one more time just to be sure.
What should go wrong?
"Okay Nooro! Dark wings rise!"
Unsure but following the command, Nooro pulled himself into the small brooch on Gabriel's chest and thereby turned him back into Hawkmoth.
"Perfect." he said to himself before a white butterfly settled on his hand. With the blink of an eye, he turned the creature's innocent-looking wings into a menacing dark purple.
"A lonely soul that longs for nothing more than to finally be reunited with someone who has been painfully torn from his life. How well I know this pain"
Hawkmoth explained to the Akuma, like he has always done. "Stay close my beloved Akuma"
he mentioned before he sent the winged creature into the air with a wave of his hand.
"Nooro, dark wings fall."
"Master, I really think you should.." Nooro tried again bringing some sense back to his master but again in vain.
"Shush, Nooro." Gabriel commanded the little Kwami.
Sure of victory, Gabriel took out a small compass on which the Akuma landed and with this gesture gave the fashion king a completely new look.
With a big grin he took the top of Nathalie's pajamas and pointed his little compass at it. "Show me the way my little compass. Tell me where she is."
As if on command, the needle suddenly knocked out and pointed a way out of his hiding place and the mansion. With one leap, Gabriel went out into the open and followed his freshly won trail. He left the shirt behind as a precaution. Just to be save.