.come back to me. ♡

Your hand grips the doorknob and starts to turn it, finally swinging it open. "What the fuck..." You say under your breath. Your eyes widen as you see the papers and photos of her in this room. 

It made you sick to your stomach,  "Y/N!" He shouts your name

It made you sick to your stomach,  "Y/N!" He shouts your name. You observe quietly, "Henry Pierce... Edie Pierce... The cleaning service...? Esther... is alive?" Your hands cover your mouth as you're shocked. "Y/N! IF YOU DON'T ANSWER ME, I'M GOING TO COME DOWN!" Turning around, you see multiple pictures of her torn and scribbled out in the trash. Eugene grabs you and throws you over his shoulder, "EUGENE, LET ME GO!" You try to get out of his grasp. "Alright." He lets you drop to the ground, landing on your back. Eugene knocked the wind out of you.

Catching your breath, "Y-YOU'RE A FUCKING PSYCHO! YOU'RE A PSYCHOPATH! GET AWAY FROM ME!" You hurry up and run upstairs, and you want to leave. You liked for it to end, and it was so much. You start packing some of your things, "AND WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING?" He bursts into the room. "I'M LEAVING YOU! I DON'T WANT TO BE A PART OF THIS! LISTEN TO ME LOUD AND CLEAR. IT IS OVER! WE'RE DONE!" That's what made him freeze. You walk quickly out of the house with your suitcase and go to your car, "Now Y/N! Let's talk about this." His voice was soft. "Once you choose who you love, I'll be back. For right now, Eugene... let's take a break." You talk to him out of the car window, start your car, you drive away... Not looking back. 

You drive back to your old apartment, passing the laundry mat, the old burnt-down brothel, the warehouse, and then stopping in front of the apartment. Knowing that your parent would or not be there was the worst part. Either way, you were dreading it. Walking up all those familiar steps to the third floor, making your way to door number 15, you take out your keys and unlock the door. Many neighbors whispered to each other and gossiped about you, talking about how you left your sick loved one in that apartment alone and making up random rumors. Your beloved neighbor taking care of your parent comes from her apartment, "Oh my! Y/N, I haven't seen you in months." She exclaims. "Where are they?" You go into the apartment. Everything was kept the same. "After the cops came and raided the place, we had to clean up and fix things." She follows you into your home. "Where are they?"

You repeated. "They're gone, Y/N. They passed away." She sighs. "No. No, they didn't!" Your chest felt heavy, and you almost couldn't breathe. "Once you left, they kept asking where you were, and we couldn't give them any answers. They were so depressed, and it was like talking to a wall at that point... They died in this room." She walks up to you and wraps her arms around you. "No, it's all my fault." You sob. She holds you as you almost fall to your knees. 

BACK TO EUGENE

Eugene stands there, still shocked by your leaving. He runs to the basement, enters that room, and tears everything off the wall. "You ruined my fucking life." He takes his lighter out of his pants and sets Esther's picture on fire. He took everything out of that room and burnt it to ashes, watching the fire burn the drinks straight out of the bottle. He gives a small laugh and a scoff, "Henry Pierce, guess I'll just have to go give him a visit." Eugene continues to drink. Day drinking and night drinking have become a norm for him. He blinks and rolls his eyes, trying to stay awake. "Tomorrow, we'll have a meeting with Henry Pierce. I have something I need to discuss with him, and I think his wife should be there too." Eugene laughs as he talks with his gang on the phone. 

"I would like to make an appointment with mister Pierce, and it won't be just me." He waits for his secretary to respond. "I need to talk to him about some business, in the morning would be perfect. Oh! The name? Eugene Everett." He grins as he hangs up. Eugene drives to the warehouse and greets everyone, "How about we go for drinks? I believe that this is a time for celebration!" Eugene shouts throughout the warehouse, and everyone yells in agreement. Eugene nods his head in agreement. Everyone loads into their cars and leads to the bar. 

Eugene laughs with his friends and casually drinks from his glass, "Where's Y/N?" One of his buddies asks, and they all turn to him, including Lucas. "Oh, we're taking a break. We were thinking of different things  and decided we should take a break from each other." His response made him chug all of the alcohol in his cup. Lucas pats him on the back, "Don't worry, and it'll work out in the end." Eugene scoffs and laughs. Lucas continues to talk, but the thought of the conversation you two had before he arrived at the bar. 

EARLIER

"I'm going to work at this pleasure club on 88th street, and I don't think I will be a prostitute anymore." You sigh and twirl the cord around your finger. "Why aren't you working as a caregiver anymore?" He works on documents while holding the phone on his shoulder. "I also don't have time for Eugene to visit me and ask to get back together." Lucas nods and switches the phone to the other shoulder. "I see... When do you start?" "Tonight." You say as you lean on the wall next to the phone. "Wow, and you just got this job?" He stopped whatever he was doing. "The same owner who owned the brothel owns the club, and I make more money there than at the retirement home." "I guess, kid. Now you be safe out there with those men." Lucas's voice rings from the other side of the phone. "Well, I'm going to be late. Have a good night Lucas." You hang up. 

You smile as you're taking a cab to the pleasure club. You were finally back in your element. "I'm glad to see you're back, Y/N." The owner smiles.