"I would love to run more tests on your body but you're too young. I'd feel guilty if experimented on someone so young, someone who hasn't even experienced life. It would be wrong to run experiments meant to hurt and kill you even if it's for humanity." If I were him, I would experiment on my body even if I was a kid. But thank god I'm not him, I still want to live. I nodded my head and fake a smile out of nervousness.

"Thanks?" I questioned.

"I would appreciate it if you lent your body to me when you died, but that's up to you." I blink at his request. It only took me a second to think of a response.

"I mean if I'm dead sure, I don't really care what you do to my body," I said in a nervous tone. I felt a drop of sweat roll down my cheek as I answered. Should I accept that offer? There's nothing in it for me but it does help everybody if he finds something out. But it's my body, I want my body to be shown respect after I die. I have no clue what he would do to my body after I die.

"You can think about it later." The man said. The man reached for the folder and reopened it. He pulled out a piece of paper. "But what I really want to talk about is your grades."

"What's so important about them?" I asked. How did he even get my grades? Does he know where I live? How much does he know about me?

"Well they seem pretty good, I was going to ask if you wanted to skip a few grades but I noticed you dropped out. I was just going to ask if it was temporary or permeant." I thought back to my classes I know most kids want to quit school, but I wanted to go to school. I never liked school but I knew it was a good way for me to make something for myself. But now, I have so much money that I could just not work all my life. But I think it would be nice to have a regular job.

"I'm hoping it's temporary."

"Good, good." He said with uninterest. "Once again this is optional but I want to know if you wanted to immediately skip to your freshman year of college." My eyes widened at his offer.

"Wait huh?" I said quickly. I quickly gathered my thoughts and responded to his question. "You do know I'm eleven right?"

"I graduated college when I was sixteen."

"Oh. But why are you offering me this?" The man leaned on the table.

"Even though you haven't shown me much intelligence," I clenched my jaw at his statement. "I feel like you would be great working under me. You can already stop some of my experiments, I can research you here. Plus the pay is pretty nice." He said with a smile.

"How much is the pay?"

"When you start One hundred seventy thousand. The pay will increase depending on how good you are." That's pretty good pay. And that's starting pay? Most people would kill for that type of pay.

"What would I be working on?"

"The best way I can describe it to you is to mess with the body of humans, make them stronger, make them better. Oh if you're worried about expenses I'll pay for you. It includes dorms, food, water. All that stuff."

I can't ask for anything better. That's a great offer. A great job, free college, free expenses. I should be grateful for this kind of offer. I could be helping people. I shake my head and look the man in the eyes. My mind quickly thought back to the robots back in the dungeons. The way they moved, the way that final robot had actual intelligence. I hated them at the moment but thinking back on it they were amazing.

"If you asked me three weeks earlier I would've taken this offer. I can't think of anything better I could get but I'm going to have to say no. It's just not what I want to do with my life." The man silently nodded and frowned.

"You're not thinking of doing crime right? It would be a shame if you turned down my offer just to sell drugs or something."

"I don't do anything like that," I said while keeping my fake smile. The man stared me dead in the eyes.

"Whatever you say," the man responded with a sigh.

Oh, he already knows.

12:59 pm

I tucked my knees in as I sat in the back of the van. I twirled my umbrella as Jared drove into the desert. I grit my teeth as I looked through the front mirror of the van. I squinted my eyes at the sunlight being bounced into my eyes.

"Did I have to come for this?" I asked.

"You're helping me smuggle stuff, you need to know sum of this stuff. Or at least who we're dealin with." I groan.

"That makes sense but why in a desert, plus we're near the border. If border control finds out about us what do you think will happen?"

"I dunno, it's where they wanted to meet. What's so bad bout it?"

"If I touch the sun I can develop cancer."

"Wait what?" He looked in the review mirror and looked at me. "Shoulda told me that sooner." Jared smiled as the van rolled to a stop. He checked the time on his phone before stopping the van. "It's just a meeting though, you shouldn't be doing all that much. Just stand." I twirled my umbrella even more as Jared pulled to a stop.

Thank god I just have to stand there.