~Prelude~

Kalyani Singh Oberoi was a woman of her virtues. She had played many roles in her life, many perfect roles. The role of a perfect daughter, the role of a perfect sibling, the role of a perfect wife, the role of a perfect daughter-in-law, the role of a perfect mother and grand mother.

Well, she liked to believe she played the role of perfect mother, even though, the children she birthed made her doubt it every breathing second of her life.

She didn't know where she had gone wrong? She asked herself the question daily. She didn't know where they went wrong? But watching them undermine each other, watching them full of scorn and disdain for each other. Watching them be so estranged and distant even while living under one roof.

Her heart bled and bled.

They made her doubt herself.  They made her doubt her existence as a mother. Didn't she raise them well enough? Didn't she give them all her love? Then why were they so full of hate?

She didn't know!

But she knew one thing, she couldn't let her family. Her husband's legacy to go to the ruin because of her children.

No, she was a lady on mission.

And she thought she had done better with her grandchildren.

But again, she was proven wrong. The foundation for the future of Oberoi's seemed scattered now. Her grandchildren, Her pride, her golden sicons were gone.

And she couldn't help but wonder if she was somehow at fault here too? Could she have stopped the situation from reaching here? Could she have done something different? Did she bring the immenent somehow?

She didn't know.

She wasn't perfect, she knew, she had her faults. Some of her decisions may have been questionable but she always did what she thought right.

She always stayed true to her ideology and promises. She believed she has salvaged the situation but all of it seemed a lie.

And here she was, in her empty palace, in her barren kingdom, questioning herself everyday?

Where did she go wrong?

What did she do so wrong?

How she missed the obvious signs?

How couldn't she see the scions driven by her ideology bringing their own doom?

How she failed to see the plight in her daughter-in-laws eyes?

How she failed?

She continously ask herself this daily. Sitting in her empty haven. Praying  everyday, "turn around bright eyes, please"

Regretting the seeds she sowed, wishing they'll return.

+×+×+×+×+×+×+

Hello everyone, thank you for giving my story a chance. The story isn't really as bad as it sounds here and in the description. Please, please give it a chance.

I swear, it'll make more  sense as the story progresses.

So, please give it a chance.

Thank you!!