23

"Sky! Come get in the water with us!" I lift my head up from the place it currently laid on Ace's arms as we looked at the sunset he had pointed out to me.

"Stay here" Ace grips onto my wrist when I try to stand up

"Or you come in the water. We're on a boat and you're telling me you don't want to go in the water?"

"that's not what I said, I would rather hang out with just you"

"why? you obsessed with me or something?" I smirk at the brunette in-front of me

"no you're just less of a bitch without Scarlett or Aiyana"

"oh, okay I'm gonna go" Am I a bitch? We just don't see eye to eye sometimes causing us to argue, I don't think that makes me a bitch.

I hear him say fuck under his breathe after I took my wrist out of his hold and went to leave the boat. If he's gonna say rude things i'm not going to stay near him he doesn't get to be annoyed.

I pull my oversized shirt off preparing to jump into the cold water.

"How cold is it?"

"it's not bad just come here" Aiyana rolls her eyes at my wariness of getting in

before i can choose weather to do it or not i feel two hands push against my back and the next thing I know i'm in the water

my hair is all over my face from the aggressiveness of the fall

"you're an asshole! Fuck you"

"I know you'd love to" he smirks walking back to the day hee to lay down

I groan annoyed at the boys actions

"you look so hot right now" angel smiles picking me up and spinning me around

he's pretty tall, like 6'1 so he can reach in the lake as I cannot.

"If only I could say the same about you"

"oh come on, I've got the best face anyone could ever want, perfect abs and a big d-"

"I don't want to know that! You better stop while you're ahead" I shiver at the thought I would very much not want to be in my mind right now.

"It's just the facts" he mutters making me laugh, distracting me from what had earlier occupied my mind.

"Sky! Hey!" I turn around at the sound of the voice, confused at the fact it isn't any of the people I came here with

"Iris? Hey what are you doing here?"

"Jackson, luke, zach, nelly and I wanted to come hang out here"

"jackson's here?" I don't know if i want to be happy or stressed that Ace is sitting on the boat screaming distance from Jackson.

"babe? what are you doing here" I turn my attention to the black haired boy, I cringe slightly at the name

"babe?" I hear the green eyed boys questioning voice whisper

"my friends practically dragged me out of my room so here I am" I respond to my boyfriend

I swim to shore so that I can talk to him.

"hey beautiful" he pecks my lips making me smile

"hey handsome" Looking into those hazel eyes I think about the fight we had, maybe we can just ignore it, I really don't want to talk about it.

"what is Chase doing here" I watch as he rolls his eyes in the boys direction in which he is already glaring at the black haired boy beside me.

"he's in my friend group remember"

"Sorry let me rephrase that, why is chase driving you around and cuddling you" My heart stops, did he see the photo? I'm an awful girlfriend, I should never have done that, why can't I stop myself, it should be an easy thing to do. I really like Jackson I can't just play with his feelings.

"What do you mean cuddling me?"

"don't act dumb, I saw you too on the boat just now" he seethes making me look down at my feet

"It's not what it looks like, I wouldn't call that cuddling, we were just next to each other watching the sunset"

"yeah whatever" he pushes past me to get to his friends leaving me standing by myself

bitting on my lip I walk to the dock and sit down, they pulled the boat farther out so I can't get to it leaving me to drown in my thoughts, drowning in water sounds nicer at this point.

___

"Sky, what's wrong?" I look up and am met with those forest green eyes that overtake me instantly

"are we leaving?" I frantically look around realizing the boat is docked and no one's on it

"Yeah, everyone left in the jeep, come on"

"sorry" how did I not notice all of them park the boat next to me and leave?

"You don't need to be sorry" grabbing ahold of my hand he lifts me to my feet guiding me towards the car

Once we're in the car and driving it's been so long that i've finally gave up, not drowning anymore, just sinking in my thoughts.

"am I a bad person?"

"what kind of question is that sky"

"do you not want to answer because you don't want to admit i'm a bad person?"

"Sky of course you aren't a bad person, you're a great person"

"then why do you hate me so much? you make it sound like i'm unbearable to be around"

His jaw visibly tenses at my words, his mouth opens and closes quickly after. I can't help a laugh that escapes my lips

"the truth comes out" My voice breaks with my words, tears wheeling in my eyes.

"I don't hate you" his voice is barely audible

"yeah and i'm not a bitch" sarcasm lacing every word remembering when he called me a bitch earlier, that's my protection from getting hurt, just joke about it and it's fine, convince yourself it's not a big deal.

"You aren't a bad person"

"I'm a big girl, I think I can handle the truth" I force a smile towards the boy as the car comes to a stop infront of the dorm building. Unbuckling my seat belt I step out of the car leaving the door open and walking away forcing him to have to walk back around and close it himself. I smile at myself happy with my pettiness.

I'm so tired, this day has been a rollercoaster, form hanging out with Ace this morning to jackson getting mad at me then going to the lake with everyone and seeing jackson, then he continued to get mad at me again and I ended the day not talking to Ace.

I know not many people read my story but i'm really grateful for people that interact with the story (voting, commenting, adding to their reading list) we're also at over 300 reads :)
-Elle <3